Video: Justin Bieber Shows Off Rap Skills as Alter Ego Shawty Mane
Tackling Ludacris' part during several occasions while performing his hit single "Baby", Justin Bieber gives no room for singing part in this viral video. The 16-year-old singing sensation takes on the alter ego Shawty Mane and spits "Speaking in Tongues" in the recording booth.
"You guys might know me as the guy who sings Baby/ You know, uh, I'm a singer, pop singer/ I'm white (Im white, Im white)/ But, um, you know I just wanted to do this Just to prove that/ You know I got skills, on, on, on the rap game," he said at the end of the clip.
Earlier this year, Justin Bieber said he had no plan to spit his own verses despite the fact that he already met number of rap moguls and collaborated with some of them. "Not at all. Nope," the young singer said back then when asked about trying the rap game, stating that he is happy to leave the rap part to Ludacris in his single "Baby".
Now, it seems he changed his mind. "Speaking in tongues freestyle.. who knew i could rap lol.. my alter ego rap name is Shawty Mane.. hah," Bieber tweeted an accompanying message while posting the video on his Twitter.
More Justin Bieber News
- Comic-Con: 'Stargate' Is Revived With Prequel Series on Digital Platform
- Braless Ariel Winter Flaunts Major Sideboob in Barely-There Top
- Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Inhumans' Trailer Shows Medusa's Power and Ellen Woglom's Mystery Character
- Kevin Hart Denies Cheating Accusations: 'It's Absolutely Not True'
- SyFy's Krypton First Epic Teaser Trailer Is Here!
- Comic-Con: 'Doctor Doom' Solo Movie in the Works From 'Legion' Creator
- 'The Originals' to End After 5 Seasons
- Listen to Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha's Emotional Duet 'Back to You'