Video: Justin Bieber Shows Off Rap Skills as Alter Ego Shawty Mane
Tackling Ludacris' part during several occasions while performing his hit single "Baby", Justin Bieber gives no room for singing part in this viral video. The 16-year-old singing sensation takes on the alter ego Shawty Mane and spits "Speaking in Tongues" in the recording booth.
"You guys might know me as the guy who sings Baby/ You know, uh, I'm a singer, pop singer/ I'm white (Im white, Im white)/ But, um, you know I just wanted to do this Just to prove that/ You know I got skills, on, on, on the rap game," he said at the end of the clip.
Earlier this year, Justin Bieber said he had no plan to spit his own verses despite the fact that he already met number of rap moguls and collaborated with some of them. "Not at all. Nope," the young singer said back then when asked about trying the rap game, stating that he is happy to leave the rap part to Ludacris in his single "Baby".
Now, it seems he changed his mind. "Speaking in tongues freestyle.. who knew i could rap lol.. my alter ego rap name is Shawty Mane.. hah," Bieber tweeted an accompanying message while posting the video on his Twitter.
More Justin Bieber News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic