'Romeo and Juliet' TV Series Brewing With 'Twilight' Director
A period drama is being developed by ABC and it picks up one of the most romantic classics of all time, "Romeo and Juliet". Catherine Hardwicke who directed the first "Twilight" is "in talks" to direct the pilot, while "World Trade Center" scribe Andrea Berloff is assigned to write the script.
Hardwicke's participation is somehow inevitable for the ones producing the series would be Wyck Godfrey & Marty Bowen aka the producers in "Twilight" franchise. Godfrey and Bowen would be producing along with Todd Garner and Sean Robin.
Hardwicke is also tapped to direct another William Shakespeare's work "Hamlet" which is starring Emile Hirsch. Additionally, "Twilight" has a similarity in the main storyline of "Romeo and Juliet" where two young people fall in love despite their family's feud.
According to Deadline, the series follows "the famous love story while also pealing away the curtain on the impetuous, incestuous, bloody and violent relationships during the Renaissance in Verona." There are over 40 major adaptations of "Romeo and Juliet" out there but this is the first time that it is picked up as a TV series.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media