'Romeo and Juliet' TV Series Brewing With 'Twilight' Director
A period drama is being developed by ABC and it picks up one of the most romantic classics of all time, "Romeo and Juliet". Catherine Hardwicke who directed the first "Twilight" is "in talks" to direct the pilot, while "World Trade Center" scribe Andrea Berloff is assigned to write the script.
Hardwicke's participation is somehow inevitable for the ones producing the series would be Wyck Godfrey & Marty Bowen aka the producers in "Twilight" franchise. Godfrey and Bowen would be producing along with Todd Garner and Sean Robin.
Hardwicke is also tapped to direct another William Shakespeare's work "Hamlet" which is starring Emile Hirsch. Additionally, "Twilight" has a similarity in the main storyline of "Romeo and Juliet" where two young people fall in love despite their family's feud.
According to Deadline, the series follows "the famous love story while also pealing away the curtain on the impetuous, incestuous, bloody and violent relationships during the Renaissance in Verona." There are over 40 major adaptations of "Romeo and Juliet" out there but this is the first time that it is picked up as a TV series.
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser