'Romeo and Juliet' TV Series Brewing With 'Twilight' Director
A period drama is being developed by ABC and it picks up one of the most romantic classics of all time, "Romeo and Juliet". Catherine Hardwicke who directed the first "Twilight" is "in talks" to direct the pilot, while "World Trade Center" scribe Andrea Berloff is assigned to write the script.
Hardwicke's participation is somehow inevitable for the ones producing the series would be Wyck Godfrey & Marty Bowen aka the producers in "Twilight" franchise. Godfrey and Bowen would be producing along with Todd Garner and Sean Robin.
Hardwicke is also tapped to direct another William Shakespeare's work "Hamlet" which is starring Emile Hirsch. Additionally, "Twilight" has a similarity in the main storyline of "Romeo and Juliet" where two young people fall in love despite their family's feud.
According to Deadline, the series follows "the famous love story while also pealing away the curtain on the impetuous, incestuous, bloody and violent relationships during the Renaissance in Verona." There are over 40 major adaptations of "Romeo and Juliet" out there but this is the first time that it is picked up as a TV series.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones