'Romeo and Juliet' TV Series Brewing With 'Twilight' Director
A period drama is being developed by ABC and it picks up one of the most romantic classics of all time, "Romeo and Juliet". Catherine Hardwicke who directed the first "Twilight" is "in talks" to direct the pilot, while "World Trade Center" scribe Andrea Berloff is assigned to write the script.
Hardwicke's participation is somehow inevitable for the ones producing the series would be Wyck Godfrey & Marty Bowen aka the producers in "Twilight" franchise. Godfrey and Bowen would be producing along with Todd Garner and Sean Robin.
Hardwicke is also tapped to direct another William Shakespeare's work "Hamlet" which is starring Emile Hirsch. Additionally, "Twilight" has a similarity in the main storyline of "Romeo and Juliet" where two young people fall in love despite their family's feud.
According to Deadline, the series follows "the famous love story while also pealing away the curtain on the impetuous, incestuous, bloody and violent relationships during the Renaissance in Verona." There are over 40 major adaptations of "Romeo and Juliet" out there but this is the first time that it is picked up as a TV series.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance