'Romeo and Juliet' TV Series Brewing With 'Twilight' Director
A period drama is being developed by ABC and it picks up one of the most romantic classics of all time, "Romeo and Juliet". Catherine Hardwicke who directed the first "Twilight" is "in talks" to direct the pilot, while "World Trade Center" scribe Andrea Berloff is assigned to write the script.
Hardwicke's participation is somehow inevitable for the ones producing the series would be Wyck Godfrey & Marty Bowen aka the producers in "Twilight" franchise. Godfrey and Bowen would be producing along with Todd Garner and Sean Robin.
Hardwicke is also tapped to direct another William Shakespeare's work "Hamlet" which is starring Emile Hirsch. Additionally, "Twilight" has a similarity in the main storyline of "Romeo and Juliet" where two young people fall in love despite their family's feud.
According to Deadline, the series follows "the famous love story while also pealing away the curtain on the impetuous, incestuous, bloody and violent relationships during the Renaissance in Verona." There are over 40 major adaptations of "Romeo and Juliet" out there but this is the first time that it is picked up as a TV series.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child