Lee DeWyze's Debut Single 'Sweet Serendipity' Arrives
A fresh song called "Sweet Serendipity" has officially been made available for free stream. It's the first single from Lee DeWyze's upcoming major-label debut album "Live It Up" and was posted on his official website shortly after getting its first airplay on Ryan Seacrest's radio show on October 13.
"I'm doing just fine/ I'm always landing on my feet/ In the nic of time/ And by the skin of my teeth/ I ain't gonna stress/ Cause the worst ain't happened yet/ Somethings watching over me like Sweet Serendipity," the 2010 winner of "American Idol" sings in optimistic tone.
"Sweet Serendipity" actually was not the first choice for a lead single. DeWyze previously planned to release title track of his forthcoming album, but changed it few hours before the release. "There is change of plans with the single...we're holding off on Live It Up and going to go with one no one has heard...Sweet Serendipity," he wrote on Twitter on early Wednesday morning.
In an interview with Seacrest, DeWyze explained why he changed his mind, saying he felt that "Sweet Serendipity" is the one that stood out the most and the fun vibes in it can make people dance to or sing along with. According to some people who have heard "Live It Up" and "Sweet Serendipity", both songs actually have similar vibes with the "Jason Mraz vein."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says