T.I. Helps Police Talking Suicidal Man Down From 22-Story Building Roof
Rapper T.I. has touched the life of a young man who wanted to commit suicide. On Wednesday, October 13, the "You Know What It Is" star stepped in to help police negotiators trying to talk to the man who threatened to jump to his death from a 22-story Midtown building at 1201 Peachtree Street in Atlanta just before 4 P.M., The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
Police confirmed to the site that T.I. volunteered to help talking to the man, who is about 25 years old, down. V-103's Ryan Cameron told E! Online that because authorities "didn't want to take T.I. up to the roof", T.I. "shot a video message... and (the police) showed it to the guy." He revealed that "the message was of T.I. saying he is here for him and telling the guy it is not that bad, and it will be OK." Officer James Polite told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "He came to the scene and offered to talk to him, we told the young man that, and he came down."
Once the man agreed to leave the roof after seeing the video, he talked to T.I. for a few minutes. After the chat, the suicidal man, who was not identified by police, was taken into custody and later transported to Atlanta's Grady Memorial Hospital for a psychological evaluation. However, police said that the man was not charged with a crime.
T.I. was at that time on his way to shoot a video when he heard about the incident through V-103 radio station. He then decided to drove to the scene to offer his help. "He didn't have to stop. He could've kept on going about his business," officer James said. "We're happy it ended the way it did, and we thank him."
Ryan claimed one thing T.I. has said that was able to convince the man to go downstairs was, "Nothing is that bad. Believe me, I know." And later on air, T.I. himself said, "For one, I'm not taking any credit. I didn't do it... I could've just as well came down there and it could have been resolved in another way. The fact of the matter is that God put me in a position to help, and I can't take any credit for that."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart