Taylor Swift Expecting Annoyed Exes to Respond to Her Songs
Taylor Swift is not afraid of telling all in her songs. In fact, she is looking forward to hear responses from people, including her exes, who are behind her music inspiration. "My songs are like open letters. They say everything I wished I had said when certain people were standing right next to me," she said to Ladies' Home Journal.
"I imagine I'll be getting a few text messages from these people once the album comes out. I have an app on my iPhone that's a voice recorder. I'll be in the middle of a conversation, and I'll literally walk away to record a bridge, a pre-chorus or half of a hook, then go right back to the conversation like nothing happened."
In another interview with Glamour magazine, Swift additionally said of writing songs about her former boyfriends, "Eventually I'm sure one of them will write a response - that's a pretty scary concept, actually! But I make sure I only write bad songs about the ones who deserve it."
It's not a secret that Taylor Swift is mostly inspired by her own personal experiences and friends' stories in making her music. The country music singer once wrote a song about Joe Jonas in "Forever & Always". Most recently, she publicly apologized to her old flame, who is speculated to be Taylor Lautner, in song "Back to December".
"The person I wrote this song about deserves this," she said when previewing the song. "This is about a person who was incredible to me, just perfect to me in a relationship, and I was really careless with him. So, this is a song full of words that I would say to him that he deserves to hear."
The song's lyrics read, "Your guard is up and I know why/ Because the last time you saw me is still burned in the back of your mind. ... You gave me roses, and I left them there to die/ So this is me swallowing my pride standing in front of you/ Saying I'm sorry for that night and I go back to December all the time."
More Taylor Swift News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?