'Alien' Prequel Wants Natalie Portman, Script Details Emerge
Letting go "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", Natalie Portman may get another project. The 29-year-old actress, who has been approached by many studios after her performance in Darren Aronofsky's "Black Swan", is reportedly on the top of "Alien" shortlist to take a lead role, New York Magazine's Vulture reports.
According to the site, several other actresses have also met director Ridley Scott to talk about the possibility of portraying a female Colonial Marine general. Another name who has been linked to the part is 30-year-old Swedish Noomi Rapace who starred in Niels Arden Oplev's "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".
Another update from the "Alien" prequel project is that Damon Lindelof has turned in his new draft for the movie to 20th Century Fox execs, who are very pleased with it, on Saturday, October 9. While the plot is kept under wraps, some sources have revealed other details about the script.
The draft, which was penned by the co-creator of "Lost", reportedly is creatively engaging but it does not feature heavy action sequences that add millions to the cost of a film. Still, Scott targets a budget at between $150 million and $160 million though the studio is likely to shrink the number.
Meanwhile, despite Scott's recent interview in which he claimed the "Alien" prequel "will be really tough, really nasty", the script written by Lindelof reportedly is still aimed at PG-13. To this, an insider explains to Vulture, "The thinking is that if the original 'Alien' were released today, minus the F-bombs, you could still get a PG-13. 'Alien' is a very 'Jaws'-ian movie: There's no sex, and while there's lots of violence, most of it is off-camera. Maybe you'd have to cut away from certain scenes two seconds earlier, but it could be done."
As for other scoops, it is said that there will be no Predator creatures appearing in the movie and the origin of the "Space Jockey" will be answered in the upcoming film. No official title has been picked up for this new "Alien" movie though some suggestions have been proposed.
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters