Lady GaGa Called 'Plastic Doll', Challenged to Be 'Real' in $1 Million Singing Duel
Lady GaGa has been challenged to a nationally televised sing-off with a cash prize of at least $1 million for the winner. The challenge issued by Los Angeles-based artist Alisa Apps who plans to have the duel held in front of a live audience at either Madison Square Garden in New York or the O2 Arena in London.
"I feel sorry for Lady GaGa - she's just a plastic doll generated by the music money marketing machine," Apps said. "I stand for the voice of your heart. Be real with me. Come to my world and feel. I want to hear you and for you to hear me. This contest gives people a chance to choose which they prefer - plastic or real."
GaGa hasn't responded to the challenge. In fact, she's been busy preparing for her next studio installment "Born This Way" which is expected to arrive in early 2011. In addition, she has a tight schedule on the road with a bunch of Monster Ball concerts on her calendar.
Alisa Apps herself is a new singer. She hasn't released her debut album, but already posted a viral video of her performing a self-written song called "How Do I Do Right" on her YouTube. "This song was written after I found out that my dad was in the hospital. I started to think about how many times we dont tell the ones who are close to us how we really feel until its too late," she said.
More Lady GaGa News
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory