Russell Brand Detained by U.S. Immigration Officials
British Funnyman Russell Brand had his way to Howard Stern's radio show disturbed. The 35-year-old star, who headed for the Tuesday, October 12 show, was detained by U.S. immigration officials in the early hours of that day.
Brand at that time just jetted from London to New York straight after the British premiere of his latest movie "Despicable Me" on Monday night, October 11. Before the fiance of Katy Perry was allowed to entry the U.S., immigration officials detained and questioned him following his last arrest for attacking paparazzi at Los Angeles International Airport on September 17.
During the detention, Brand shared on his Twitter page, "Held in US immigration. Little do they know I'm singing 'God Save The Queen' in my head." The "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" actor, however, was finally granted the entry as he later wrote on his Twitter, "I'm going to be on Howard Stern this morning. Please listen and occasionally nod."
Brand, who was charged with battery following the alleged clash with the photographer, is likely to avoid further punishment if he attends a court hearing in Los Angeles along with the snapper on November 19, to receive a reprimand from a judge.
More Russell Brand News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?