Russell Brand Detained by U.S. Immigration Officials
British Funnyman Russell Brand had his way to Howard Stern's radio show disturbed. The 35-year-old star, who headed for the Tuesday, October 12 show, was detained by U.S. immigration officials in the early hours of that day.
Brand at that time just jetted from London to New York straight after the British premiere of his latest movie "Despicable Me" on Monday night, October 11. Before the fiance of Katy Perry was allowed to entry the U.S., immigration officials detained and questioned him following his last arrest for attacking paparazzi at Los Angeles International Airport on September 17.
During the detention, Brand shared on his Twitter page, "Held in US immigration. Little do they know I'm singing 'God Save The Queen' in my head." The "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" actor, however, was finally granted the entry as he later wrote on his Twitter, "I'm going to be on Howard Stern this morning. Please listen and occasionally nod."
Brand, who was charged with battery following the alleged clash with the photographer, is likely to avoid further punishment if he attends a court hearing in Los Angeles along with the snapper on November 19, to receive a reprimand from a judge.
More Russell Brand News
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?