Russell Brand Detained by U.S. Immigration Officials
British Funnyman Russell Brand had his way to Howard Stern's radio show disturbed. The 35-year-old star, who headed for the Tuesday, October 12 show, was detained by U.S. immigration officials in the early hours of that day.
Brand at that time just jetted from London to New York straight after the British premiere of his latest movie "Despicable Me" on Monday night, October 11. Before the fiance of Katy Perry was allowed to entry the U.S., immigration officials detained and questioned him following his last arrest for attacking paparazzi at Los Angeles International Airport on September 17.
During the detention, Brand shared on his Twitter page, "Held in US immigration. Little do they know I'm singing 'God Save The Queen' in my head." The "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" actor, however, was finally granted the entry as he later wrote on his Twitter, "I'm going to be on Howard Stern this morning. Please listen and occasionally nod."
Brand, who was charged with battery following the alleged clash with the photographer, is likely to avoid further punishment if he attends a court hearing in Los Angeles along with the snapper on November 19, to receive a reprimand from a judge.
More Russell Brand News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna