Christina Aguilera Confirms Her Split From Husband of Five Years
Christina Aguilera and music executive husband Jordan Bratman are pulling the plug off their nearly five years of marriage. The singer, who just released her new album "Bionic" in June, confirmed the separation through a statement to People on Tuesday, October 12.
"Although Jordan and I are separated, our commitment to our son Max remains as strong as ever," Aguilera said. The "Ain't No Other Man" singer and Bratman, who wed on November 19, 2005, are parents to 2-year-old son Max Liron Bratman.
Before Aguilera herself addressed the split, a source has broken the news to the site. "Yes they are separated. Right now they're just trying to figure things out. There are no divorce proceedings at this point," the source explained.
Moreover, another source shared about what went wrong in Aguilera and Bratman's marriage. "They were very much in love. But over the last six months, it became clear they were more like friends than husband and wife," the insider told Us Magazine.
According to the source, Aguilera even proposed an "August trip to Italy" to "rekindle their relationship, but it didn't help." Aguilera and Bratman are said have been living apart "for a few months" and "they will see how that goes."
And just like Aguilera has said, Liron is her and Bratman's "main concern". The insider added, "Christina is doing her best to be a great mom. She has a lot to juggle, but she's learning how to make it work and balance it all." The singer recently brought her son to the studio while she wrapped up the soundtrack of her musical project "Burlesque" which will hit U.S. theaters on November 24.
More Christina Aguilera News
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans