Christina Aguilera Confirms Her Split From Husband of Five Years
Christina Aguilera and music executive husband Jordan Bratman are pulling the plug off their nearly five years of marriage. The singer, who just released her new album "Bionic" in June, confirmed the separation through a statement to People on Tuesday, October 12.
"Although Jordan and I are separated, our commitment to our son Max remains as strong as ever," Aguilera said. The "Ain't No Other Man" singer and Bratman, who wed on November 19, 2005, are parents to 2-year-old son Max Liron Bratman.
Before Aguilera herself addressed the split, a source has broken the news to the site. "Yes they are separated. Right now they're just trying to figure things out. There are no divorce proceedings at this point," the source explained.
Moreover, another source shared about what went wrong in Aguilera and Bratman's marriage. "They were very much in love. But over the last six months, it became clear they were more like friends than husband and wife," the insider told Us Magazine.
According to the source, Aguilera even proposed an "August trip to Italy" to "rekindle their relationship, but it didn't help." Aguilera and Bratman are said have been living apart "for a few months" and "they will see how that goes."
And just like Aguilera has said, Liron is her and Bratman's "main concern". The insider added, "Christina is doing her best to be a great mom. She has a lot to juggle, but she's learning how to make it work and balance it all." The singer recently brought her son to the studio while she wrapped up the soundtrack of her musical project "Burlesque" which will hit U.S. theaters on November 24.
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'