Christina Aguilera Confirms Her Split From Husband of Five Years
Christina Aguilera and music executive husband Jordan Bratman are pulling the plug off their nearly five years of marriage. The singer, who just released her new album "Bionic" in June, confirmed the separation through a statement to People on Tuesday, October 12.
"Although Jordan and I are separated, our commitment to our son Max remains as strong as ever," Aguilera said. The "Ain't No Other Man" singer and Bratman, who wed on November 19, 2005, are parents to 2-year-old son Max Liron Bratman.
Before Aguilera herself addressed the split, a source has broken the news to the site. "Yes they are separated. Right now they're just trying to figure things out. There are no divorce proceedings at this point," the source explained.
Moreover, another source shared about what went wrong in Aguilera and Bratman's marriage. "They were very much in love. But over the last six months, it became clear they were more like friends than husband and wife," the insider told Us Magazine.
According to the source, Aguilera even proposed an "August trip to Italy" to "rekindle their relationship, but it didn't help." Aguilera and Bratman are said have been living apart "for a few months" and "they will see how that goes."
And just like Aguilera has said, Liron is her and Bratman's "main concern". The insider added, "Christina is doing her best to be a great mom. She has a lot to juggle, but she's learning how to make it work and balance it all." The singer recently brought her son to the studio while she wrapped up the soundtrack of her musical project "Burlesque" which will hit U.S. theaters on November 24.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21