Video: Bumblebee Crashes Into Police SUV on the Set of 'Transformers 3'
Another accident has happened on the set of "Transformers 3" on Monday, October 11. During a filming of chase scene in Washington, DC, a police SUV collided with a yellow Chevy Camaro aka Bumblebee on 3rd Street and Maryland Ave in southwest DC.
The police car was not supposed to be there and the car crash was not scripted. FOX 5 NEWS reported that the police driving the SUV is a 25-year veteran senior explosive ordinance technician. He was driving to a call and apparently using a different radio channel than the officers who were securing the perimeter for the movie.
Metropolitan Police Department has released a statement to inform that the police officer was taken to a local hospital for a minor injury, but no civilians were injured during the incident. The Chevy Camaro itself suffered a damage on the front side as seen in the video embedded after the news.
"The Metropolitan Police Department is investigating the facts of the crash and filming of this movie on closed DC city streets has been suspended until safety procedures can be reviewed," the statement further mentioned.
It has not been known if the production in SW DC has been resumed or not but main cast, Shia LaBeouf and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, were recently spotted filming their scenes near DAR Constitution Hall.
The car crash was not the first time happening on the set of "Transformers 3". Back in September, an accident took place during a shooting of a stunt in Chicago, causing female extra Gabriela Cedillo, who was actually not involved in the stunt, to suffer serious injury on the head.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'