George Michael Released Early From Jail, Ready 'to Start Again'
George Michael is now a free man. Jailed for possession of cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs following a car crash in north London in July, the 47-year-old singer was released early from Highpoint Prison in Suffolk, England, on Monday, October 11, Associated Press reported.
Although Michael was expected to serve eight weeks in jail, the former Wham! star left the facility after serving only four weeks. The judge has ordered him to serve the four weeks of the sentence in jail and the remainder of his sentence on parole. Michael was also ordered to pay about $2,000 in fines and banned from driving for five years.
Talking to reporters outside his north London home on Monday, Michael said, "I'm coming out here on my own so that you realize I'm going to start again. I'm going to try and stop running away from you guys." The "Faith" singer later thanked his fans for all their support while he was in jail, calling it "quite inspiring."
And Michael is ready to be back to his music career, saying that regaining his freedom has given him inspiration for a new tune. He told members of the media outside his home, "I just thought of a really good idea for a song. It's going to be nothing to do with prison."
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video