Video: Jane Lynch Parodying 'Glee' on 'SNL'
It was inevitable that "Glee" was one of the sketches prepared as Jane Lynch hosted "Saturday Night Live". Lynch stepped in as her own character Sue Sylvester who brings new student, Gilly, to make a mess within the group. The sketch ridiculed each of the show's characters which include Andy Samberg's "gay" Kurt, Kenan Thompson's Mercedes and Fred Armisen's Artie.
Lynch opened the night with a monologue which showed her vocal skill. She sang, " 'Glee' is a show about Sue Sylvester/ Sue Sylvester is the star of 'Glee.'/ Yes, there are few other characters/ But Sue is the one you want to see." The actress who was accompanied by Armisen on guitar later said about the lyrics, "Blame my co-writer Jose Cuervo."
Although "Glee" was her starring role, Lynch was more prominent in other sketches such as the evening's "Digital Short" where she becomes a therapist who is willing to strip in front of her client. In another sketch she was an ice cream seller who only wears black bra and a bow tie. She was also a cornball mom in "Dammit, Your Mom Is on Facebook Filter" and a contestant in the show's Password parody, "Secret Word".
The musical guest of the night was Bruno Mars who belted out his singles "Grenade" and "Just the Way You Are".
- Opening Monologue
More Saturday Night Live News
- Nicki Minaj Finally Joins Snapchat, but She Has No Idea How to Use It!
- Scott Disick Insists He's 'Not Sex Addict,' but Does Admit to Having a 'Gargantuan Appetite' for Sex
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Trailer Teases Superman's Return and Green Lantern
- Jennifer Lopez Flaunts Hot Bod in Sheer Mini Dress When Celebrating Her Birthday With Alex Rodriguez
- Hilary Duff's L.A. Home Burglarized After She Shares Holiday Pics Online
- More Than 90 People Hospitalized During Chance the Rapper's Connecticut Show
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic