'Sister Wives' Family Heading to 'Oprah Winfrey Show'
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" has invited the family that has just made the headlines with their unusual lifestyle. Kody Brown, his multiple wives and some of his 16 children were recently spotted visiting the Chicago studio. TMZ's source said they were there for an interview with Oprah Winfrey for an episode airing next week.
Brown is the patriarch of a polygamous family in Utah. Together with his wives, children and step-children, the advertising salesman is starring in TLC's "Sister Wives" which many call as the true reflection of HBO's series "Big Love". "Sister Wives" debuted on September 26 to 2.26 million viewers.
Once they go public with the lifestyle, the family faces an investigation of bigamy by Utah police. This prompts fear from other plural marriages from exposing themselves. "If it really goes to a court situation, then our people are going to go right back into isolation," said Anne Wilde, co-founder of Principle Voices, a nonprofit that seeks to educate the public about polygamous families.
The Browns themselves did "Sister Wives" for educational purpose. "When we decided to do this show, we knew there would be risks," the family said in a statement Tuesday, October 5. "But for the sake of our family, and most importantly, our kids, we felt it was a risk worth taking."
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards