'Sister Wives' Family Heading to 'Oprah Winfrey Show'
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" has invited the family that has just made the headlines with their unusual lifestyle. Kody Brown, his multiple wives and some of his 16 children were recently spotted visiting the Chicago studio. TMZ's source said they were there for an interview with Oprah Winfrey for an episode airing next week.
Brown is the patriarch of a polygamous family in Utah. Together with his wives, children and step-children, the advertising salesman is starring in TLC's "Sister Wives" which many call as the true reflection of HBO's series "Big Love". "Sister Wives" debuted on September 26 to 2.26 million viewers.
Once they go public with the lifestyle, the family faces an investigation of bigamy by Utah police. This prompts fear from other plural marriages from exposing themselves. "If it really goes to a court situation, then our people are going to go right back into isolation," said Anne Wilde, co-founder of Principle Voices, a nonprofit that seeks to educate the public about polygamous families.
The Browns themselves did "Sister Wives" for educational purpose. "When we decided to do this show, we knew there would be risks," the family said in a statement Tuesday, October 5. "But for the sake of our family, and most importantly, our kids, we felt it was a risk worth taking."
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty
- Booty-ful Kim Kardashian and BFF Larsa Pippen Enjoy Arcade Game on Memorial Day
- 'Iron Fist' Season 2 to Be Announced Soon
- Are They Dating? Charlie Puth and Lea Michele Spotted Having Dinner Together
- George Clooney Gets Travel Ban From Wife Amal as They Await Twins' Arrival
- Watch This Mysterious Teaser for Neill Blomkamp's Dystopian Short Film
- Khloe Kardashian Will Stop Scott Disick From Ruining Kourtney's Life