'Sister Wives' Family Heading to 'Oprah Winfrey Show'
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" has invited the family that has just made the headlines with their unusual lifestyle. Kody Brown, his multiple wives and some of his 16 children were recently spotted visiting the Chicago studio. TMZ's source said they were there for an interview with Oprah Winfrey for an episode airing next week.
Brown is the patriarch of a polygamous family in Utah. Together with his wives, children and step-children, the advertising salesman is starring in TLC's "Sister Wives" which many call as the true reflection of HBO's series "Big Love". "Sister Wives" debuted on September 26 to 2.26 million viewers.
Once they go public with the lifestyle, the family faces an investigation of bigamy by Utah police. This prompts fear from other plural marriages from exposing themselves. "If it really goes to a court situation, then our people are going to go right back into isolation," said Anne Wilde, co-founder of Principle Voices, a nonprofit that seeks to educate the public about polygamous families.
The Browns themselves did "Sister Wives" for educational purpose. "When we decided to do this show, we knew there would be risks," the family said in a statement Tuesday, October 5. "But for the sake of our family, and most importantly, our kids, we felt it was a risk worth taking."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding