'Sister Wives' Family Heading to 'Oprah Winfrey Show'
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" has invited the family that has just made the headlines with their unusual lifestyle. Kody Brown, his multiple wives and some of his 16 children were recently spotted visiting the Chicago studio. TMZ's source said they were there for an interview with Oprah Winfrey for an episode airing next week.
Brown is the patriarch of a polygamous family in Utah. Together with his wives, children and step-children, the advertising salesman is starring in TLC's "Sister Wives" which many call as the true reflection of HBO's series "Big Love". "Sister Wives" debuted on September 26 to 2.26 million viewers.
Once they go public with the lifestyle, the family faces an investigation of bigamy by Utah police. This prompts fear from other plural marriages from exposing themselves. "If it really goes to a court situation, then our people are going to go right back into isolation," said Anne Wilde, co-founder of Principle Voices, a nonprofit that seeks to educate the public about polygamous families.
The Browns themselves did "Sister Wives" for educational purpose. "When we decided to do this show, we knew there would be risks," the family said in a statement Tuesday, October 5. "But for the sake of our family, and most importantly, our kids, we felt it was a risk worth taking."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'