New PSA: Lauren Conrad Urges People to Raise Awareness Against Fashion Faux Pas
"The Hills" star Lauren Conrad has launched a new PSA to address the importance of avoiding a poorly chosen outfit which she called "Fashion F**k Ups" or F.F.U.s. In the more than 2 minutes clip, the 24-year-old fashion designer/New York Times best selling author dished out four major fashion faux pas.
Conrad started the F.F.U.s. PSA with "kitten heels" issue. Conrad said that this kind of heels are a big no-no for the ladies, mentioning the only person who can get away with wearing kitten heels is Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' little daughter Suri Cruise. "Take off the training shoes and stretch your stuff the way your plastic surgeon intended," she suggested.
As for men, Conrad urged them to stop wearing jean shorts, which she described as "jorts", convincing them that no girl would end up with a man wearing jorts. "Next stop is bedazzled look," Conrad went on. She assured men that they won't look tougher by wearing outfit with awful graphic tees. The last advice for men is to get rid of their skinny jeans. "Make sure when you use that crude pick-up line of 'what's in your pants, that you're not calling your own bluff'," she gently said.
Though the F.F.U.s. isn't a really serious issue unlike what she said in the PSA, Conrad said that people's awful fashion choices are abusing others' eyes and sensibilities. She said that it's OK "to change your friends if it makes you look better" because, if you're not, "you're only fu**ing yourself." Conrad ended her PSA with a remark, "When it comes to fashion, the more you know, the further you'll go."
Lauren Conrad just released her third book "Sugar and Spice" on Tuesday, October 5. The book follows her first novel, "L.A. Candy", which hit the shelves in June 2009 and the sequel, "Sweet Little Lies", which was launched on February 16. She will also appear in upcoming MTV reality series, titled "Lauren Conrad: Fiercely Fashionable", which will focus on her career in fashion industry.
Lauren Conrad's PSA Against "Fashion F**k Ups":
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist