'Melissa and Joey' Given 20 Additional Episodes
It looks like ABC Family canceled "Huge" to invest largely on "Melissa & Joey". In a bold move, the network has ordered 20 additional episodes on top of the 10 episodes which have gone into production. This would make the total episodes of season one 30, which is quite rare for a cable network.
The pick up is inevitable because the show starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence was ABC Family's biggest series debut ever in adults 18-49 demography with 1.3 million. Although it experienced a decline in second episode, the show is averaging in 1.7 million viewers by late September, a very strong viewership for an original comedy on ABC Family.
With "Huge" out of the picture, the network is looking for a replacement that will accompany "Melissa & Joey" as well as another equally successful summer series "Pretty Little Liars". It has ordered 3 new pilots, namely "The Great State of Georgia", "What Would Jane Do" and "The Lying Game". Last week, ABC Family has also ordered the pilot of "Strut", "Nine Lives" and "Switched at Birth".
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere