'Melissa and Joey' Given 20 Additional Episodes
It looks like ABC Family canceled "Huge" to invest largely on "Melissa & Joey". In a bold move, the network has ordered 20 additional episodes on top of the 10 episodes which have gone into production. This would make the total episodes of season one 30, which is quite rare for a cable network.
The pick up is inevitable because the show starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence was ABC Family's biggest series debut ever in adults 18-49 demography with 1.3 million. Although it experienced a decline in second episode, the show is averaging in 1.7 million viewers by late September, a very strong viewership for an original comedy on ABC Family.
With "Huge" out of the picture, the network is looking for a replacement that will accompany "Melissa & Joey" as well as another equally successful summer series "Pretty Little Liars". It has ordered 3 new pilots, namely "The Great State of Georgia", "What Would Jane Do" and "The Lying Game". Last week, ABC Family has also ordered the pilot of "Strut", "Nine Lives" and "Switched at Birth".
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy