'Melissa and Joey' Given 20 Additional Episodes
It looks like ABC Family canceled "Huge" to invest largely on "Melissa & Joey". In a bold move, the network has ordered 20 additional episodes on top of the 10 episodes which have gone into production. This would make the total episodes of season one 30, which is quite rare for a cable network.
The pick up is inevitable because the show starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence was ABC Family's biggest series debut ever in adults 18-49 demography with 1.3 million. Although it experienced a decline in second episode, the show is averaging in 1.7 million viewers by late September, a very strong viewership for an original comedy on ABC Family.
With "Huge" out of the picture, the network is looking for a replacement that will accompany "Melissa & Joey" as well as another equally successful summer series "Pretty Little Liars". It has ordered 3 new pilots, namely "The Great State of Georgia", "What Would Jane Do" and "The Lying Game". Last week, ABC Family has also ordered the pilot of "Strut", "Nine Lives" and "Switched at Birth".
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her