'Melissa and Joey' Given 20 Additional Episodes
It looks like ABC Family canceled "Huge" to invest largely on "Melissa & Joey". In a bold move, the network has ordered 20 additional episodes on top of the 10 episodes which have gone into production. This would make the total episodes of season one 30, which is quite rare for a cable network.
The pick up is inevitable because the show starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence was ABC Family's biggest series debut ever in adults 18-49 demography with 1.3 million. Although it experienced a decline in second episode, the show is averaging in 1.7 million viewers by late September, a very strong viewership for an original comedy on ABC Family.
With "Huge" out of the picture, the network is looking for a replacement that will accompany "Melissa & Joey" as well as another equally successful summer series "Pretty Little Liars". It has ordered 3 new pilots, namely "The Great State of Georgia", "What Would Jane Do" and "The Lying Game". Last week, ABC Family has also ordered the pilot of "Strut", "Nine Lives" and "Switched at Birth".
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist