'Melissa and Joey' Given 20 Additional Episodes
It looks like ABC Family canceled "Huge" to invest largely on "Melissa & Joey". In a bold move, the network has ordered 20 additional episodes on top of the 10 episodes which have gone into production. This would make the total episodes of season one 30, which is quite rare for a cable network.
The pick up is inevitable because the show starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence was ABC Family's biggest series debut ever in adults 18-49 demography with 1.3 million. Although it experienced a decline in second episode, the show is averaging in 1.7 million viewers by late September, a very strong viewership for an original comedy on ABC Family.
With "Huge" out of the picture, the network is looking for a replacement that will accompany "Melissa & Joey" as well as another equally successful summer series "Pretty Little Liars". It has ordered 3 new pilots, namely "The Great State of Georgia", "What Would Jane Do" and "The Lying Game". Last week, ABC Family has also ordered the pilot of "Strut", "Nine Lives" and "Switched at Birth".
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017