Lee DeWyze's New Album Titled 'Live It Up', First Single to Debut Next Week
It's official, Lee DeWyze's upcoming debut album is called "Live It Up" and confirmed to be released in the United States on November 16. The first single, which is the title track, is scheduled to make its radio debut on Ryan Seacrest's radio show next week on October 13.
"Putting out an album on a major label is truly a dream come true," he said. "I'm excited for all the people who supported me throughout Idol to hear what I can do with my own songs. The album shows a whole different side of me and I'm so proud of it."
DeWyze gets helping hands from the likes of Toby Gad, John Shanks and Espionage in finishing the record. Growing up listening to Simon & Garfunkel, The Mamas & the Papas, Cat Stevens and Kris Kristofferson, he co-wrote most of the songs and recorded them while on the road over the summer with the "American Idol" Live Tour.
"To see my name listed in the credits on each song was really important to me because I'm a songwriter," 24-year-old DeWyze gushed. "I also loved working with such talented writers. They all brought so much to the table and really helped me flesh out my sound."
Although the song will not hit the radio until next Wednesday, some have heard it and shared their reviews for fans. Elysa Gardner of USA Today said the song is the one DeWyze co-penned with Toby Gad and Lindy Robbins. She described the single as "being in the a Jack Johnson / Jason Mraz vein."
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set