Lee DeWyze's New Album Titled 'Live It Up', First Single to Debut Next Week
It's official, Lee DeWyze's upcoming debut album is called "Live It Up" and confirmed to be released in the United States on November 16. The first single, which is the title track, is scheduled to make its radio debut on Ryan Seacrest's radio show next week on October 13.
"Putting out an album on a major label is truly a dream come true," he said. "I'm excited for all the people who supported me throughout Idol to hear what I can do with my own songs. The album shows a whole different side of me and I'm so proud of it."
DeWyze gets helping hands from the likes of Toby Gad, John Shanks and Espionage in finishing the record. Growing up listening to Simon & Garfunkel, The Mamas & the Papas, Cat Stevens and Kris Kristofferson, he co-wrote most of the songs and recorded them while on the road over the summer with the "American Idol" Live Tour.
"To see my name listed in the credits on each song was really important to me because I'm a songwriter," 24-year-old DeWyze gushed. "I also loved working with such talented writers. They all brought so much to the table and really helped me flesh out my sound."
Although the song will not hit the radio until next Wednesday, some have heard it and shared their reviews for fans. Elysa Gardner of USA Today said the song is the one DeWyze co-penned with Toby Gad and Lindy Robbins. She described the single as "being in the a Jack Johnson / Jason Mraz vein."
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri