Elton John: Lady GaGa's 'Born This Way' Will Top Gloria Gaynor's 'I Will Survive'
Elton John has got the privilege to listen to Lady GaGa's new album "Born This Way". Praising the record as "f**king amazing", he shared his insight about one particular song, saying " 'Born This Way,' which is the title song, will completely get rid of Gloria Gaynor's 'I Will Survive'."
In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, the British singer who made a duet with GaGa on the stage of this year's Grammy Awards stated further, "This is the new 'I Will Survive.' That was the gay anthem. This is the new gay anthem. Actually, it's not a gay anthem - it can apply to anybody."
When proposed with the idea of recording a joint track, he said he would love to do it. "She and I come from exactly the same place. She's kind of like the bastard daughter of Elton John. I love her, and I love her ability to write," he explained. "There's a chance I might do one track with her, but she's so busy and I'm so busy, we can never get together!"
Beside Elton John, the other good pals who already heard Lady GaGa's latest studio work are the members of Semi Precious Weapons. The frontman Justin Tranter told MTV earlier this week, "It's bold and it's beautiful. Obviously, none of it's done, so I can't really speak on it, but the stuff she has played me is really, really beautiful and really, really bold."
GaGa herself calls it the "absolute greatest work" she's ever done. Saying it will have "a lot of hit records that will piss people off," she gushed, "Everyone tells me I'm arrogant but my music's the only thing I've got, so you'll have to let me be confident about one thing. I suppose that's what you can expect from the album."
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London