Adam Green's Reaction on 'Hatchet II' Being Pulled From U.S. Theaters
"Hatchet II" has been pulled from U.S. theaters on Monday, October 4, after Canadian theaters pulled it on Saturday. Adam Green, who directed the flick, has since reacted to the move, stating "We woke up this morning and the movie was gone. I'm bewildered and confused."
Later, he releases a more elaborated statement to Moviefone to speak about the issue. "How the decision was made to pull the film early, no one will ever know," he says. "The sad truth of the matter is that no one at Dark Sky ['Hatchet II' distributor] has been able to tell me the exact reasons behind why the film was pulled (they have not gotten a clear explanation whatsoever)."
Coming in defense of the horror movie which was unrated because MPAA refused to give it R rating, Green claims, "HATCHET or HATCHET 2 are not nearly as offensive or violent as some of the larger fare that has made it by to theaters with an R, mainly because the tone of these films is comedic and nothing within them is realistic or can even be taken seriously at all."
AMC itself has released a statement regarding their decision to pull "Hatchet II" from theaters despite their early agreement to help play the movie. "At AMC theaters, we review all films in all of our theatres every week and then make our business decisions based on their performance," the company's spokesman said.
"Hatchet II" is made as the follow-up to 2006 "Hatchet" which was praised for bringing a new kind of slasher movie. It grossed $52,604 as of October 3 and is likely to be released on DVD.
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?