Marvel Plans New Solo 'Hulk' Movie, Mark Ruffalo Says
Mark Ruffalo has been honored with a chance to portray The Hulk in upcoming "The Avengers" and it is possible that he will be seen in more Marvel's films. The actor has hinted there could be another solo "The Hulk" movie after 2003 "Hulk" and 2008 "The Incredible Hulk".
"They set up several pictures over a couple of years and possibly there will be a Hulk movie," he says in an interview with Empire Online. Dishing further on the studio's plans, Ruffalo adds, "There'll probably be a couple more Avengers too, which would be fun."
Ruffalo is chosen to take over the role of Bruce Banner aka The Hulk from Edward Norton who played the character in "The Incredible Hulk". Sharing his feeling about this opportunity, he says, "The way I see it, Edward Norton has bequeathed this role to me. I reckon the part is my generation's Hamlet, and there's still some room for interpreting who The Hulk is."
Ruffalo will probably start shooting "The Avengers" in February 2011 in Los Angeles. The movie itself, which assembles the superhero team of Marvel Comics characters for the first time ever, is scheduled to arrive in U.S. cinemas on May 4, 2012.
Before Ruffalo hints on a possible solo "Hulk" movie, there have been talks about standalone film for another Marvel's character Black Widow, who is portrayed by Scarlett Johansson in "Iron Man 2" and upcoming "The Avengers". "We've already started discussions with Scarlett about the idea of a solo movie and have begun putting together concepts," Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige told Superhero Hype in late September.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son