Marvel Plans New Solo 'Hulk' Movie, Mark Ruffalo Says
Mark Ruffalo has been honored with a chance to portray The Hulk in upcoming "The Avengers" and it is possible that he will be seen in more Marvel's films. The actor has hinted there could be another solo "The Hulk" movie after 2003 "Hulk" and 2008 "The Incredible Hulk".
"They set up several pictures over a couple of years and possibly there will be a Hulk movie," he says in an interview with Empire Online. Dishing further on the studio's plans, Ruffalo adds, "There'll probably be a couple more Avengers too, which would be fun."
Ruffalo is chosen to take over the role of Bruce Banner aka The Hulk from Edward Norton who played the character in "The Incredible Hulk". Sharing his feeling about this opportunity, he says, "The way I see it, Edward Norton has bequeathed this role to me. I reckon the part is my generation's Hamlet, and there's still some room for interpreting who The Hulk is."
Ruffalo will probably start shooting "The Avengers" in February 2011 in Los Angeles. The movie itself, which assembles the superhero team of Marvel Comics characters for the first time ever, is scheduled to arrive in U.S. cinemas on May 4, 2012.
Before Ruffalo hints on a possible solo "Hulk" movie, there have been talks about standalone film for another Marvel's character Black Widow, who is portrayed by Scarlett Johansson in "Iron Man 2" and upcoming "The Avengers". "We've already started discussions with Scarlett about the idea of a solo movie and have begun putting together concepts," Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige told Superhero Hype in late September.
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos
- 'Titanic' Director Is Sued by the 'Real' Jack Dawson
- Kate Moss' Busty Assets Almost Spill Out of Her Tight Crochet Dress in Cannes