Official: Emma Stone Is Cast in 'Spider-Man', but Not as Mary Jane
Columbia Pictures has just addressed the buzzing report about Emma Stone's casting in "Spider-Man" reboot. Confirming that the actress has indeed been cast in the film, the studio has also made it clear which role that will be tackled by her.
Instead of portraying Mary Jane Watson as widely rumored, Emma will be seen as Gwen Stacy. The "Easy A" babe was associated with Mary Jane since the beginning due to her locks that is currently dyed red, but she apparently will be back to her natural blonde roots for the character.
"The chemistry between Andrew and Emma was stunning and made Emma the clear choice," director Marc Webb says a press release about Stone's casting. He adds, "Andrew and Emma will bring everything audiences expect to these roles, but also make them their own. Much to my surprise, it was fun to find out that our choice for Gwen (Emma) is also a natural blonde."
The untitled Spider-Man reboot will start shooting in December with Andrew Garfield taking the role of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man. James Vanderbilt has written the script for the movie which is produced by Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin. This superhero flick will be released in theaters nationwide in 3-D on July 3, 2012.
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'