Official: Emma Stone Is Cast in 'Spider-Man', but Not as Mary Jane
Columbia Pictures has just addressed the buzzing report about Emma Stone's casting in "Spider-Man" reboot. Confirming that the actress has indeed been cast in the film, the studio has also made it clear which role that will be tackled by her.
Instead of portraying Mary Jane Watson as widely rumored, Emma will be seen as Gwen Stacy. The "Easy A" babe was associated with Mary Jane since the beginning due to her locks that is currently dyed red, but she apparently will be back to her natural blonde roots for the character.
"The chemistry between Andrew and Emma was stunning and made Emma the clear choice," director Marc Webb says a press release about Stone's casting. He adds, "Andrew and Emma will bring everything audiences expect to these roles, but also make them their own. Much to my surprise, it was fun to find out that our choice for Gwen (Emma) is also a natural blonde."
The untitled Spider-Man reboot will start shooting in December with Andrew Garfield taking the role of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man. James Vanderbilt has written the script for the movie which is produced by Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin. This superhero flick will be released in theaters nationwide in 3-D on July 3, 2012.
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit