Official: Emma Stone Is Cast in 'Spider-Man', but Not as Mary Jane
Columbia Pictures has just addressed the buzzing report about Emma Stone's casting in "Spider-Man" reboot. Confirming that the actress has indeed been cast in the film, the studio has also made it clear which role that will be tackled by her.
Instead of portraying Mary Jane Watson as widely rumored, Emma will be seen as Gwen Stacy. The "Easy A" babe was associated with Mary Jane since the beginning due to her locks that is currently dyed red, but she apparently will be back to her natural blonde roots for the character.
"The chemistry between Andrew and Emma was stunning and made Emma the clear choice," director Marc Webb says a press release about Stone's casting. He adds, "Andrew and Emma will bring everything audiences expect to these roles, but also make them their own. Much to my surprise, it was fun to find out that our choice for Gwen (Emma) is also a natural blonde."
The untitled Spider-Man reboot will start shooting in December with Andrew Garfield taking the role of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man. James Vanderbilt has written the script for the movie which is produced by Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin. This superhero flick will be released in theaters nationwide in 3-D on July 3, 2012.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'