Official: Emma Stone Is Cast in 'Spider-Man', but Not as Mary Jane
Columbia Pictures has just addressed the buzzing report about Emma Stone's casting in "Spider-Man" reboot. Confirming that the actress has indeed been cast in the film, the studio has also made it clear which role that will be tackled by her.
Instead of portraying Mary Jane Watson as widely rumored, Emma will be seen as Gwen Stacy. The "Easy A" babe was associated with Mary Jane since the beginning due to her locks that is currently dyed red, but she apparently will be back to her natural blonde roots for the character.
"The chemistry between Andrew and Emma was stunning and made Emma the clear choice," director Marc Webb says a press release about Stone's casting. He adds, "Andrew and Emma will bring everything audiences expect to these roles, but also make them their own. Much to my surprise, it was fun to find out that our choice for Gwen (Emma) is also a natural blonde."
The untitled Spider-Man reboot will start shooting in December with Andrew Garfield taking the role of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man. James Vanderbilt has written the script for the movie which is produced by Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin. This superhero flick will be released in theaters nationwide in 3-D on July 3, 2012.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones