Official: Emma Stone Is Cast in 'Spider-Man', but Not as Mary Jane
Columbia Pictures has just addressed the buzzing report about Emma Stone's casting in "Spider-Man" reboot. Confirming that the actress has indeed been cast in the film, the studio has also made it clear which role that will be tackled by her.
Instead of portraying Mary Jane Watson as widely rumored, Emma will be seen as Gwen Stacy. The "Easy A" babe was associated with Mary Jane since the beginning due to her locks that is currently dyed red, but she apparently will be back to her natural blonde roots for the character.
"The chemistry between Andrew and Emma was stunning and made Emma the clear choice," director Marc Webb says a press release about Stone's casting. He adds, "Andrew and Emma will bring everything audiences expect to these roles, but also make them their own. Much to my surprise, it was fun to find out that our choice for Gwen (Emma) is also a natural blonde."
The untitled Spider-Man reboot will start shooting in December with Andrew Garfield taking the role of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man. James Vanderbilt has written the script for the movie which is produced by Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin. This superhero flick will be released in theaters nationwide in 3-D on July 3, 2012.
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her