'Bourne Legacy' Gets New Helmer, to Happen With or Without Matt Damon
Universal Pictures has found a person to fill the empty seat left by Paul Greengrass in "The Bourne Legacy". Tony Gilroy, who has been tapped to work on the script of the film, will now take a new duty as the helmer for the upcoming installment of the action film franchise.
Deadline Hollywood which first comes out with the news, however, says that there is no certainty if Matt Damon will return to reprise his role as Jason Bourne in the fourth film. The site further reports that the studio will still move on with their plans to make "Bourne Legacy" even if it means that they have to replace Damon.
The actor himself, back in late 2009, hinted that he would be back for the franchise if Greengrass directs the film. "I'll just wait for him and when he wants to do one, we'll do it," he said. While Damon's involvement in the project is still unclear, Entertainment Weekly reports the studio has stated that the forthcoming movie "allows for the return of Jason Bourne, but doesn't require it."
Tony Gilroy has written the screenplays for the first three "Bourne" flicks. He received Oscar nomination for helming "Michael Clayton" before directing Julia Roberts and Clive Owen in "Duplicity".
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'
- Kylie Jenner Forced to Leave Las Vegas Event by Anti-Fur Protestors
- Awkward Reunion! Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Say a Quick Hello at Pal's Birthday
- Scott Disick Caught Bringing a 'Tramp' to His Hotel Room in 'KUWTK' Preview
- Gigi Hadid's Super Sweet Birthday Picture With Zayn Malik Will Make You Jealous