'Bourne Legacy' Gets New Helmer, to Happen With or Without Matt Damon
Universal Pictures has found a person to fill the empty seat left by Paul Greengrass in "The Bourne Legacy". Tony Gilroy, who has been tapped to work on the script of the film, will now take a new duty as the helmer for the upcoming installment of the action film franchise.
Deadline Hollywood which first comes out with the news, however, says that there is no certainty if Matt Damon will return to reprise his role as Jason Bourne in the fourth film. The site further reports that the studio will still move on with their plans to make "Bourne Legacy" even if it means that they have to replace Damon.
The actor himself, back in late 2009, hinted that he would be back for the franchise if Greengrass directs the film. "I'll just wait for him and when he wants to do one, we'll do it," he said. While Damon's involvement in the project is still unclear, Entertainment Weekly reports the studio has stated that the forthcoming movie "allows for the return of Jason Bourne, but doesn't require it."
Tony Gilroy has written the screenplays for the first three "Bourne" flicks. He received Oscar nomination for helming "Michael Clayton" before directing Julia Roberts and Clive Owen in "Duplicity".
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand