Susan Sarandon Tells All About Split From Tim Robbins
Susan Sarandon has spoken up about her split from Tim Robbins during a recent interview with UK's Telegraph newspaper. Susan admitted that she was baffled by her fans' reactions over the split as she and Tim were dubbed one of Hollywood's most enduring couples.
On the public reactions, Susan shared, "People were coming up to me in the street and saying 'I cried and cried when I heard.' Well, I was sadder! I didn't think it would ever happen, either." She further revealed that her 23-year relationship with Tim ran its course, saying "You bring people into your life at certain times. Maybe you have a relationship to have children and you realize that it's fulfilled after that point."
64-year-old Susan added that she and Tim, who is 12 years her junior, never thought about making their union official. The "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" actress told the mag, "I've always liked the idea of choosing to be with somebody. I thought that if you didn't get married you wouldn't take each other for granted as easily. I don't know if after twenty-something years that was still true."
Since the split, Susan has been linked to her 31-year-old ping-pong club business partner Jonathan Bricklin. On this, she simply commented, "You have to have a sense of humor. There are lots of people in my life at the moment." In her old age, she realized that in a relationship, "you have to stay curious and hungry and foolish." Otherwise, "you get satisfied and you get stuck."
Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, who co-starred in 1988 movie "Bull Durham", had been together since 1986 before they ended their romance in 2009. Together, they have two sons, Jack Henry and Miles Guthrie. Susan also has a daughter named Eva Amurri from her previous marriage to Chris Sarandon, whom she claimed the first person she had sex with.
More Susan Sarandon News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns