Pics: Tony Curtis Laid to Rest in Las Vegas
Hollywood legend Tony Curtis was laid to rest at the Palm Mortuary & Cemetery on Monday, October 4. According to Associated Press, Tony was buried with some of his favorite possessions which included a Stetson hat, an Armani scarf, driving gloves, an iPhone and a copy of his favorite novel, "Anthony Adverse".
At the Las Vegas public funeral, more than 400 celebrities, family, friends and fans gathered to pay their last respects. Among them were Tony's actress daughters, Jamie Lee Curtis and Kelly Curtis, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ron Jeremy and Vera Goulet, widow of Broadway singer Robert Goulet.
The service was opened with a montage of Tony's famous film roles, including an animated Tony from television series "The Flintstones" as well as his portrayal of "Spartacus" in which he spars with Kirk Douglas. Tony's coffin was draped with an American flag.
When giving her farewell speech, Jamie Lee described Tony as "a little meshuga". The "Freaky Friday" actress also joked, "All of us got something from him. I, of course, got his desperate need for attention." Meanwhile, Arnold quoted words that Tony once told him, recalling "You are going to make it. Don't pay any attention to those guys. I heard the same thing when I came here."
Tony Curtis died on Wednesday, September 29 at the age of 85. He is known for his roles in 1957 movie "Sweet Smell of Success" and "Sidney Poitier in The Defiant Ones" (1958). He is also credited for his TV show appearances in "The Outsider", "The Boston Strangler" and "Some Like It Hot" in which he stars opposite Marilyn Monroe and Jack Lemmon.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune