Pics: Tony Curtis Laid to Rest in Las Vegas
Hollywood legend Tony Curtis was laid to rest at the Palm Mortuary & Cemetery on Monday, October 4. According to Associated Press, Tony was buried with some of his favorite possessions which included a Stetson hat, an Armani scarf, driving gloves, an iPhone and a copy of his favorite novel, "Anthony Adverse".
At the Las Vegas public funeral, more than 400 celebrities, family, friends and fans gathered to pay their last respects. Among them were Tony's actress daughters, Jamie Lee Curtis and Kelly Curtis, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ron Jeremy and Vera Goulet, widow of Broadway singer Robert Goulet.
The service was opened with a montage of Tony's famous film roles, including an animated Tony from television series "The Flintstones" as well as his portrayal of "Spartacus" in which he spars with Kirk Douglas. Tony's coffin was draped with an American flag.
When giving her farewell speech, Jamie Lee described Tony as "a little meshuga". The "Freaky Friday" actress also joked, "All of us got something from him. I, of course, got his desperate need for attention." Meanwhile, Arnold quoted words that Tony once told him, recalling "You are going to make it. Don't pay any attention to those guys. I heard the same thing when I came here."
Tony Curtis died on Wednesday, September 29 at the age of 85. He is known for his roles in 1957 movie "Sweet Smell of Success" and "Sidney Poitier in The Defiant Ones" (1958). He is also credited for his TV show appearances in "The Outsider", "The Boston Strangler" and "Some Like It Hot" in which he stars opposite Marilyn Monroe and Jack Lemmon.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video