Newly Reunited Mother/Daughter Eliminated From 'Amazing Race'
Andie DeKroon and Jenna Sykes cannot enjoy a longer bonding time while racing for they have been eliminated from "The Amazing Race". Twenty one years old Jenna joined the competition with forty three years old Andie whom she found out to be her birth mother recently. Andie gave her up for adoption upon birth.
Andie and Jenna are the second team to go home from the 17th season. They were not far behind the rest at the beginning of the race from London to Accra, Ghana. All ten teams boarded the same flight but Andie and Jenna lost their pace when they had to travel to Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park, arriving last.
They could not catch up until the end of the race when host Phil Keoghan told them, "Andie and Jenna, you are the last team to arrive. I'm sorry to tell you, you have been eliminated from the Race." Coming as the winner of the second leg were Brook and Claire who consequently win 10-days trip to Hawaii.
"For me, I've gotten a piece - after 21 years - of just knowing this beautiful person I've brought into the world," Andie said. Jenna in return said, "My whole life, I've wondered who my birth mother was, and it's just like a treasure to have it be Andie."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival