Sony Reportedly Chooses Emma Stone to Be Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man' Reboot
Emma Stone has reportedly nabbed a female lead role in next "Spider-Man" movie. According to Deadline Hollywood, Sony Pictures Entertainment will "imminently offer" the role of Mary Jane Watson to the 21-year-old beauty.
If Emma indeed takes this job, it will further raise her name after starring in "Zombieland" and "Easy A". Her name was mentioned among the contenders of the depicter of Spider-Man's love interest along with Dianna Agron, Mia Wasikowska, Georgina Haig and Dominique McElligott.
Though Sony is said to have dropped their choice to Emma to portray Mary Jane, the other actresses still have a chance to land a role in the untitled Spider-Man reboot. Deadline reports that Dianna, Mia, Georgina and Dominique are now possible depicter of another Spider-Man's girl, Gwen Stacy.
The site further notes that Gwen is "a plum part for the first installment of the 3-D Marc Webb-directed reboot of 'Spider-Man', because she is the first love interest of the high school-aged Peter Parker". Meanwhile, Mary Jane becomes "more pivotal" in the later installments of the "Spider-Man" saga.
Andrew Garfield has been tapped to star as Peter Parker aka Spider-Man in the upcoming "Spider-Man" film. This action superhero film is planned to begin production in December and to hit theaters in the U.S. on July 3, 2012.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2