Sony Reportedly Chooses Emma Stone to Be Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man' Reboot
Emma Stone has reportedly nabbed a female lead role in next "Spider-Man" movie. According to Deadline Hollywood, Sony Pictures Entertainment will "imminently offer" the role of Mary Jane Watson to the 21-year-old beauty.
If Emma indeed takes this job, it will further raise her name after starring in "Zombieland" and "Easy A". Her name was mentioned among the contenders of the depicter of Spider-Man's love interest along with Dianna Agron, Mia Wasikowska, Georgina Haig and Dominique McElligott.
Though Sony is said to have dropped their choice to Emma to portray Mary Jane, the other actresses still have a chance to land a role in the untitled Spider-Man reboot. Deadline reports that Dianna, Mia, Georgina and Dominique are now possible depicter of another Spider-Man's girl, Gwen Stacy.
The site further notes that Gwen is "a plum part for the first installment of the 3-D Marc Webb-directed reboot of 'Spider-Man', because she is the first love interest of the high school-aged Peter Parker". Meanwhile, Mary Jane becomes "more pivotal" in the later installments of the "Spider-Man" saga.
Andrew Garfield has been tapped to star as Peter Parker aka Spider-Man in the upcoming "Spider-Man" film. This action superhero film is planned to begin production in December and to hit theaters in the U.S. on July 3, 2012.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala