Esai Morales Welcomes Baby Girl
"Caprica" star Esai Morales is now taking on a new role, a father. The 47-year-old actor and his girlfriend Elvimar Silva welcomed a baby girl, who weighed in at 8 lbs., 11 oz., in Los Angeles on Sunday, September 24, People reported.
"I can't think of another time in my life that I've been happier than now. I know it sounds so cliche but we feel incredibly blessed!" Morales told the site in a statement. Morales and Silva named their baby girl Mariana Oliveira Morales.
In late September, just before his speech at Penn State Abington on the impact of Latinos on social culture, Morales admitted that he was nervous about meeting his baby, whom at that time he called "my new boss." He said as quoted by Montgomery Media, "I'm expecting a child any minute."
"I literally came here nervous that I'd be across the country when my first child was born," Morales added. "The baby's due date is Sept. 24. If she's like her father, she'll be a week late. But I have a feeling she'll be like her mother, which means she'll be early or on time."
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full