Esai Morales Welcomes Baby Girl
"Caprica" star Esai Morales is now taking on a new role, a father. The 47-year-old actor and his girlfriend Elvimar Silva welcomed a baby girl, who weighed in at 8 lbs., 11 oz., in Los Angeles on Sunday, September 24, People reported.
"I can't think of another time in my life that I've been happier than now. I know it sounds so cliche but we feel incredibly blessed!" Morales told the site in a statement. Morales and Silva named their baby girl Mariana Oliveira Morales.
In late September, just before his speech at Penn State Abington on the impact of Latinos on social culture, Morales admitted that he was nervous about meeting his baby, whom at that time he called "my new boss." He said as quoted by Montgomery Media, "I'm expecting a child any minute."
"I literally came here nervous that I'd be across the country when my first child was born," Morales added. "The baby's due date is Sept. 24. If she's like her father, she'll be a week late. But I have a feeling she'll be like her mother, which means she'll be early or on time."
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip
- Bryce Dallas Howard Denies Chris Pratt Feud Rumors: I 'Worship' Him
- Zayn Malik Shaves His Beard - See How His Fans React!