Esai Morales Welcomes Baby Girl
"Caprica" star Esai Morales is now taking on a new role, a father. The 47-year-old actor and his girlfriend Elvimar Silva welcomed a baby girl, who weighed in at 8 lbs., 11 oz., in Los Angeles on Sunday, September 24, People reported.
"I can't think of another time in my life that I've been happier than now. I know it sounds so cliche but we feel incredibly blessed!" Morales told the site in a statement. Morales and Silva named their baby girl Mariana Oliveira Morales.
In late September, just before his speech at Penn State Abington on the impact of Latinos on social culture, Morales admitted that he was nervous about meeting his baby, whom at that time he called "my new boss." He said as quoted by Montgomery Media, "I'm expecting a child any minute."
"I literally came here nervous that I'd be across the country when my first child was born," Morales added. "The baby's due date is Sept. 24. If she's like her father, she'll be a week late. But I have a feeling she'll be like her mother, which means she'll be early or on time."
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media