Esai Morales Welcomes Baby Girl
"Caprica" star Esai Morales is now taking on a new role, a father. The 47-year-old actor and his girlfriend Elvimar Silva welcomed a baby girl, who weighed in at 8 lbs., 11 oz., in Los Angeles on Sunday, September 24, People reported.
"I can't think of another time in my life that I've been happier than now. I know it sounds so cliche but we feel incredibly blessed!" Morales told the site in a statement. Morales and Silva named their baby girl Mariana Oliveira Morales.
In late September, just before his speech at Penn State Abington on the impact of Latinos on social culture, Morales admitted that he was nervous about meeting his baby, whom at that time he called "my new boss." He said as quoted by Montgomery Media, "I'm expecting a child any minute."
"I literally came here nervous that I'd be across the country when my first child was born," Morales added. "The baby's due date is Sept. 24. If she's like her father, she'll be a week late. But I have a feeling she'll be like her mother, which means she'll be early or on time."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent