Esai Morales Welcomes Baby Girl
"Caprica" star Esai Morales is now taking on a new role, a father. The 47-year-old actor and his girlfriend Elvimar Silva welcomed a baby girl, who weighed in at 8 lbs., 11 oz., in Los Angeles on Sunday, September 24, People reported.
"I can't think of another time in my life that I've been happier than now. I know it sounds so cliche but we feel incredibly blessed!" Morales told the site in a statement. Morales and Silva named their baby girl Mariana Oliveira Morales.
In late September, just before his speech at Penn State Abington on the impact of Latinos on social culture, Morales admitted that he was nervous about meeting his baby, whom at that time he called "my new boss." He said as quoted by Montgomery Media, "I'm expecting a child any minute."
"I literally came here nervous that I'd be across the country when my first child was born," Morales added. "The baby's due date is Sept. 24. If she's like her father, she'll be a week late. But I have a feeling she'll be like her mother, which means she'll be early or on time."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show