50 Cent Insists He Never Meant to Make 'Anti-Gay Statement'
50 Cent has now addressed his explicit joke, which implies gay men should commit suicide, that he recently made on his Twitter page. On Thursday, October 1, the 35-year-old rapper explained on his micro-blogging site that he never meant to make an "anti-gay statement".
"The other night I made a joke about a blow job. My male followers enjoyed it. So I then went on to joke about women receiving the same," 50 Cent started. "Somehow they turned a simple joke about oral sex into a (sic) anti gay statement."
50 Cent further stated he can't be an anti-gay as his mother is gay herself. He insisted, "I have nothing against people who choose an alternative lifestyle in fact i've publicly stated my mom loved women. It's funny how people think negative statements are news worthy but positive statements are not worthy of coverage."
Beside receiving criticism from media, Will Young has also taken aim at 50 Cent. On Thursday, openly-gay singer Will re-tweeted the statement to his 4,400 followers along with his own sarcastic remark, which read, "50 Cent... He is (a) nice man isn't he."
50 Cent launched the homophobic opinion on Wednesday, September 29. During that time, the "In Da Club" rapper wrote, "If you a man and your over 25 and you don't eat pu**y just kill your self damn it. The world will be a better place. Lol."
The remark came shortly after America learned about Tyler Clementi, a gay teenager who killed himself after his roommate Dharun Ravi and fellow student Molly Wei videoed him having sex with another male and posted the tape on the web.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off