Emma Thompson to Be New 'Men in Black' Boss
Agent Jay and Agent Kay are likely to get new boss in "Men in Black 3". Swirling report, which is first brought into attention by Deadline Hollywood, mentions that Emma Thompson is going take a lead role of the head of MIB and is currently negotiating the job.
Rip Torn was previously seen as Chief Zed, the head of the MIB, in 1997 "Men in Black" and 2002 "Men in Black II". It has not been known whether he will return to the third film.
If Thompson is indeed cast in the upcoming movie, she will join Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones who will reprise their roles as Agent J and Agent K respectively. Josh Brolin is also cast, reportedly to portray a younger version of Agent K, while Jemaine Clement takes the role of a villainous character.
Shooting for "Men in Black 3", which will be made in 3-D, is planned to begin in mid-November. Barry Sonnenfeld who served behind the lens for two "Men in Black" flicks is on board to direct the third installment. Columbia Pictures has chosen May 25, 2012 as the day when this sci-fi comedy will hit U.S. theaters.
Emma Thompson has appeared as Professor Sybil Trelawney in some "Harry Potter" films. She also landed a lead role in "Nanny McPhee" and was last seen in the sequel "Nanny McPhee Returns".
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce