Emma Thompson to Be New 'Men in Black' Boss
Agent Jay and Agent Kay are likely to get new boss in "Men in Black 3". Swirling report, which is first brought into attention by Deadline Hollywood, mentions that Emma Thompson is going take a lead role of the head of MIB and is currently negotiating the job.
Rip Torn was previously seen as Chief Zed, the head of the MIB, in 1997 "Men in Black" and 2002 "Men in Black II". It has not been known whether he will return to the third film.
If Thompson is indeed cast in the upcoming movie, she will join Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones who will reprise their roles as Agent J and Agent K respectively. Josh Brolin is also cast, reportedly to portray a younger version of Agent K, while Jemaine Clement takes the role of a villainous character.
Shooting for "Men in Black 3", which will be made in 3-D, is planned to begin in mid-November. Barry Sonnenfeld who served behind the lens for two "Men in Black" flicks is on board to direct the third installment. Columbia Pictures has chosen May 25, 2012 as the day when this sci-fi comedy will hit U.S. theaters.
Emma Thompson has appeared as Professor Sybil Trelawney in some "Harry Potter" films. She also landed a lead role in "Nanny McPhee" and was last seen in the sequel "Nanny McPhee Returns".
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen