Emma Thompson to Be New 'Men in Black' Boss
Agent Jay and Agent Kay are likely to get new boss in "Men in Black 3". Swirling report, which is first brought into attention by Deadline Hollywood, mentions that Emma Thompson is going take a lead role of the head of MIB and is currently negotiating the job.
Rip Torn was previously seen as Chief Zed, the head of the MIB, in 1997 "Men in Black" and 2002 "Men in Black II". It has not been known whether he will return to the third film.
If Thompson is indeed cast in the upcoming movie, she will join Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones who will reprise their roles as Agent J and Agent K respectively. Josh Brolin is also cast, reportedly to portray a younger version of Agent K, while Jemaine Clement takes the role of a villainous character.
Shooting for "Men in Black 3", which will be made in 3-D, is planned to begin in mid-November. Barry Sonnenfeld who served behind the lens for two "Men in Black" flicks is on board to direct the third installment. Columbia Pictures has chosen May 25, 2012 as the day when this sci-fi comedy will hit U.S. theaters.
Emma Thompson has appeared as Professor Sybil Trelawney in some "Harry Potter" films. She also landed a lead role in "Nanny McPhee" and was last seen in the sequel "Nanny McPhee Returns".
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed