Debates Over 'Modern Family' Gay Kiss Surface
"Modern Family" finally answered to fans' demand of the gay kiss on Wednesday, September 29 episode. As soon as it went to air, reactions and debates surface over whether it was satisfactory or lackluster. For a fact, the producers exposed the kiss between Cam and Mitch on the background.
The Emmy-winning show was criticized last season for not giving the gay couple a chance to have a kiss on the lips while heterosexual couple Phil and Claire embraced each other in that way. Producers decided to give in, and the awaited action was featured on the episode aptly called "The Kiss". However, unlike the hype surrounding it, the kiss can be easily missed.
Openly gay celebrity blogger Perez Hilton noted, "We didn't expect or want anything gratuitous or out of character, but to have a PECK in the background? A little disappointing!" The New York Times also said it was "blink-and-you-missed-it peck in the corner of the screen, unassuming and unobtrusive."
ABC has not responded to the complaints but Jesse Tyler Ferguson aka Mitch has. He wrote on Twitter, "Reading debate about the kiss being perfect vs. not enough. Today's theme is 'U can't please all'! FYI, @ericstonestreet slipped me tongue."
In a funny way, "Modern Family" is also due to answer another demand and this time it comes from Oprah Winfrey. The talk show host who talked to the cast via a satellite, advised them to "make some black friends".
More Modern Family News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival