MTV's 'Teen Mom' Investigated for Unreported Assault
A pre-taped episode of MTV's "Teen Mom" has led to a police investigation when officers were tipped to watch the episode on Tuesday, September 28. Amber Portwood is accused of domestic violence against her ex-fiance and father to her baby, Gary Shirley. She was seen kicking and punching Gary in the episode, all while the camera was rolling.
"We assigned an officer to it this afternoon," Lt. Paul Boulware of the Anderson Police Department said on Wednesday. Calling it a unique case, the lieutenant said, "It's a new way of receiving information. It's like a 911 call through reality TV."
MTV still remains mum about the incident and the network never reported it to police. Boulware noted that those who fail to report a crime can face criminal charges as well, depending "on what kind of crime it is."
In the episode, Amber is frustrated when Gary threatened to leave her and report her to Child Protective Services. Amber then stacked his belongings in the stairwell and another argument ensued. The Herald Bulletin took notice that Amber punched and slapped Gary about seven times. Gary never laid a hand on her but continually asked, "Are you done?". As Gary descended the stairway, Amber kicked him in the back.
In a clip that MTV released below, Amber admitted that she has a problem controlling her anger and would like to seek help. Despite the confession, Amber flipped out to Gary who was also present in the interview, saying she could not confide in him.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4