Zac Brown Band Top Billboard Hot 200, Outselling Maroon 5
Zac Brown Band have prevented Maroon 5 from taking the No. 1 spot on Billboard Hot 200 this week. The country music band's album "You Get What You Give" opens with 153,000 copies, outperforming the Adam Levine-fronted group's "Hands All Over" which sells 142,000.
While Zac Brown and his bandmates score their best sales week, Maroon 5 fail to go near the previous opening number of their 2007 "It Won't Be Soon Before Long". Zac Brown shifted 62,000 units with 2009 "The Foundation", while Maroon 5 debuted at No. 1 in 2007 with 429,000.
Sitting at the fourth spot is Selena Gomez. "A Year Without Rain", her sophomore set which is recorded with The Scene, arrives with a little over 66,000. It barely beats the opening number of "Kiss and Tell" which bowed at No. 9 last year with just under 66,000.
The other new entries which manage to make a notable debut are Carlos Santana's cover album "Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time" as well as John Legend and The Roots' collaborative project "Wake Up!". The former debuts at No. 5, while the latter secures the eighth spot. Billy Currington's new release "Enjoy Yourself" also breaks the Top 10 by landing at No. 9.
As for Linkin Park's "A Thousand Suns", the last week's chart topper falls to No. 3 in the newly-updated list, Eminem's "Recovery" maintains to stay on the chart by sitting at No. 6, Trey Songz's "Passion, Pain & Pleasure" drops to No. 7, and Justin Bieber's "My World 2.0" holds last week's position at No. 10.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "You Get What You Give" - Zac Brown Band (153,000)
- "Hands All Over" - Maroon 5 (142,000)
- "A Thousand Suns" - Linkin Park (70,000)
- "A Year Without Rain" - Selena Gomez and The Scene (66,000)
- "Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time" - Carlos Santana (66,000)
- "Recovery" - Eminem (66,000)
- "Passion, Pain & Pleasure" - Trey Songz (66,000)
- "Wake Up!" - John Legend and The Roots (63,000)
- "Enjoy Yourself" - Billy Currington (45,000)
- "My World 2.0" - Justin Bieber (33,000)
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says