Comedian Greg Giraldo Died at 44, Fellow Stars Send Their Condolences
Comedian Greg Giraldo has passed away on Wednesday, September 29, five days after he was hospitalized for an overdose. Greg, who is known for his celebrity roast appearances, died at the age of 44 after accidentally overdosing on prescription drugs.
A source close to Greg told TMZ, "Greg passed away today at the hospital in New Brunswick as a result of an accidental overdose. His family was by his side." According to the site, plans are currently made for the late comedian's public memorial service.
Greg suffered the accidental overdose on Saturday, September 25. He was quickly admitted to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Jersey after a friend found him collapsed in his New Jersey hotel room. Greg was said losing his conscious at that time as the result of mixing up prescription medication.
Following Greg's untimely demise, friends have sent their condolences. Sarah Silverman wrote on her Twitter page, "RIP Greg Giraldo. Belly-laugh hilarious, prolific, good & kind. A thousand oys can't express." Judah Friedlander in the meantime, revealed that he has missed the comedian already, writing "RIP Greg Giraldo. Miss you man. Much love."
While Jimmy Kimmel posted a short message which read, "Greg Giraldo was a great and funny man," Aziz Ansari wrote, "Very sad to hear the news about Greg Giraldo. One of the most respected comics I can think of. The world has lost a hysterical man. RIP."
Unlike those stars who preferred to say how much they missed and respected Greg, former Greg's Roast-mates Gilbert Gottfried took it to the micro-blogging site to make a joke out of the loss. Gilbert tweeted, "Greg Giraldo is cremated, will that be the 'Greg Giraldo Roast'?" When TMZ asked about the tweet, Gilbert said, "Greg can't say anything about it now... I'm not worried about him calling and complaining."
Beside known for roasting star on several Comedy Central Roasts, Greg Giraldo is also known as the judge on "Last Comic Standing". Greg had made appearances on "Late Show with David Letterman" and "The Howard Stern Show". He had appeared as a member of the panel in the NBC show "The Marriage Ref" as well.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'