Michael Bolton Asks for Apology, 'DWTS' Producers Say No
Michael Bolton is still hot on the topic of Bruno Tonioli's comment over his Jive on "Dancing with the Stars". The singer is persistent that the judge should apologize for telling him, "You did it all very, very, very badly -- this is the worst Jive in 11 seasons."
In a press release after his elimination on Tuesday, September 28, Bolton gave "Good Morning America" a brief interview about his hard feelings. "I was disappointed with Bruno -- to me, he let everybody down," Bolton said. "My mom was there, she's 90, she flew down to see the show."
He continued, "And I just didn't expect that level of disrespect from him. Even [fellow judge] Len [Goodman] stopped him and said, 'That's inappropriate'. I think he should apologize publicly and he should be reprimanded for it."
However, Tonioli is not sorry. He said after the elimination, "I think Rin Tin Tin would have done a better Jive. He's a fantastic singer, he's a wonderful person, it's nothing personal. I'm here to call it as I see it."
Producers of "DWTS" are apparently on the same page as Tonioli. In a statement to TMZ they said, "While we respect the feelings of our celebrities and dancers, we don't feel Bruno should be expected to apologize for doing his job. Bruno's role as a judge is to give his honest opinions on the quality of the dances he's judging, which is what he did in this case."
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist