Michael Bolton Asks for Apology, 'DWTS' Producers Say No
Michael Bolton is still hot on the topic of Bruno Tonioli's comment over his Jive on "Dancing with the Stars". The singer is persistent that the judge should apologize for telling him, "You did it all very, very, very badly -- this is the worst Jive in 11 seasons."
In a press release after his elimination on Tuesday, September 28, Bolton gave "Good Morning America" a brief interview about his hard feelings. "I was disappointed with Bruno -- to me, he let everybody down," Bolton said. "My mom was there, she's 90, she flew down to see the show."
He continued, "And I just didn't expect that level of disrespect from him. Even [fellow judge] Len [Goodman] stopped him and said, 'That's inappropriate'. I think he should apologize publicly and he should be reprimanded for it."
However, Tonioli is not sorry. He said after the elimination, "I think Rin Tin Tin would have done a better Jive. He's a fantastic singer, he's a wonderful person, it's nothing personal. I'm here to call it as I see it."
Producers of "DWTS" are apparently on the same page as Tonioli. In a statement to TMZ they said, "While we respect the feelings of our celebrities and dancers, we don't feel Bruno should be expected to apologize for doing his job. Bruno's role as a judge is to give his honest opinions on the quality of the dances he's judging, which is what he did in this case."
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip