Michael Bolton Asks for Apology, 'DWTS' Producers Say No
Michael Bolton is still hot on the topic of Bruno Tonioli's comment over his Jive on "Dancing with the Stars". The singer is persistent that the judge should apologize for telling him, "You did it all very, very, very badly -- this is the worst Jive in 11 seasons."
In a press release after his elimination on Tuesday, September 28, Bolton gave "Good Morning America" a brief interview about his hard feelings. "I was disappointed with Bruno -- to me, he let everybody down," Bolton said. "My mom was there, she's 90, she flew down to see the show."
He continued, "And I just didn't expect that level of disrespect from him. Even [fellow judge] Len [Goodman] stopped him and said, 'That's inappropriate'. I think he should apologize publicly and he should be reprimanded for it."
However, Tonioli is not sorry. He said after the elimination, "I think Rin Tin Tin would have done a better Jive. He's a fantastic singer, he's a wonderful person, it's nothing personal. I'm here to call it as I see it."
Producers of "DWTS" are apparently on the same page as Tonioli. In a statement to TMZ they said, "While we respect the feelings of our celebrities and dancers, we don't feel Bruno should be expected to apologize for doing his job. Bruno's role as a judge is to give his honest opinions on the quality of the dances he's judging, which is what he did in this case."
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels