Michael Bolton Asks for Apology, 'DWTS' Producers Say No
Michael Bolton is still hot on the topic of Bruno Tonioli's comment over his Jive on "Dancing with the Stars". The singer is persistent that the judge should apologize for telling him, "You did it all very, very, very badly -- this is the worst Jive in 11 seasons."
In a press release after his elimination on Tuesday, September 28, Bolton gave "Good Morning America" a brief interview about his hard feelings. "I was disappointed with Bruno -- to me, he let everybody down," Bolton said. "My mom was there, she's 90, she flew down to see the show."
He continued, "And I just didn't expect that level of disrespect from him. Even [fellow judge] Len [Goodman] stopped him and said, 'That's inappropriate'. I think he should apologize publicly and he should be reprimanded for it."
However, Tonioli is not sorry. He said after the elimination, "I think Rin Tin Tin would have done a better Jive. He's a fantastic singer, he's a wonderful person, it's nothing personal. I'm here to call it as I see it."
Producers of "DWTS" are apparently on the same page as Tonioli. In a statement to TMZ they said, "While we respect the feelings of our celebrities and dancers, we don't feel Bruno should be expected to apologize for doing his job. Bruno's role as a judge is to give his honest opinions on the quality of the dances he's judging, which is what he did in this case."
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival