'Mad Men' Star Could Be Cast as Moriarty in 'Sherlock Holmes 2'
Gearing up for the production in late this year, "Sherlock Holmes 2" is apparently actively searching for the main cast. Latino Review has got information from sources who say that the project has got Jared Harris to portray the lead villain, Professor Moriarty.
Moriarty, in the books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, is described as a criminal mastermind who surreptitiously oversees a criminal empire. The character briefly appeared in "Sherlock Holmes" movie in a carriage, but his face was barely seen.
Earlier reports widely linked Brad Pitt to the role of Moriarty. Later, it was rumored that director Guy Ritchie wanted Daniel Day-Lewis to portray the antagonist character.
Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law will reprise their roles as Sherlock and Dr. John Watson respectively with Noomi Rapace taking the female lead role. However, Rachel McAdams will still appear as Irene Adler. Stephen Fry has also been cast as Sherlock's brother, Mycroft Holmes. The upcoming drama comedy is set for December 16, 2011 release in the U.S.
Jared Harris is currently starring as Lane Pryce on TV series "Mad Men". His other credits include "I Shot Andy Warhol", "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" and "Extraordinary Measures". He also appeared in several episodes of "Fringe".
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery