'Mad Men' Star Could Be Cast as Moriarty in 'Sherlock Holmes 2'
Gearing up for the production in late this year, "Sherlock Holmes 2" is apparently actively searching for the main cast. Latino Review has got information from sources who say that the project has got Jared Harris to portray the lead villain, Professor Moriarty.
Moriarty, in the books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, is described as a criminal mastermind who surreptitiously oversees a criminal empire. The character briefly appeared in "Sherlock Holmes" movie in a carriage, but his face was barely seen.
Earlier reports widely linked Brad Pitt to the role of Moriarty. Later, it was rumored that director Guy Ritchie wanted Daniel Day-Lewis to portray the antagonist character.
Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law will reprise their roles as Sherlock and Dr. John Watson respectively with Noomi Rapace taking the female lead role. However, Rachel McAdams will still appear as Irene Adler. Stephen Fry has also been cast as Sherlock's brother, Mycroft Holmes. The upcoming drama comedy is set for December 16, 2011 release in the U.S.
Jared Harris is currently starring as Lane Pryce on TV series "Mad Men". His other credits include "I Shot Andy Warhol", "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" and "Extraordinary Measures". He also appeared in several episodes of "Fringe".
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?