James Van Der Beek Welcomes Baby Girl
"Dawson's Creek" star James Van Der Beek is officially a proud first-time father. On Monday, September 27, the 33-year-old star announced the happy news on his Twitter page, writing "Had the blessing of becoming a father over the weekend."
"Couldn't come close to describing this bliss even if I had 140 million characters," James, who wed the baby's mother Kimberly Brook on August 1, further wrote. The "Stolen" actor and Kimberly welcomed the baby girl, whom they named Olivia Van Der Beek, on Saturday, August 25.
"I apologize in advance for any obnoxiously precious new-dad tweets that may follow. I'm under her spell," James added. Although Olivia is just 3 days old, James has imagined some fun times he would share with the tot. "If I watch football w/ my daughter now, she'll like the sounds of the NFL & want to watch it w/ me when she's older," he wrote.
James, who is the ex-husband of actress Heather Ann McComb, previously revealed that he can't wait to welcome his first child with Kimberly. He told OK! Magazine, "I couldn't be more excited. I'm as prepared as I can be, although I realize I have no idea what I'm in for but I'm looking forward to all of it."
More James Van Der Beek News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says