James Van Der Beek Welcomes Baby Girl
"Dawson's Creek" star James Van Der Beek is officially a proud first-time father. On Monday, September 27, the 33-year-old star announced the happy news on his Twitter page, writing "Had the blessing of becoming a father over the weekend."
"Couldn't come close to describing this bliss even if I had 140 million characters," James, who wed the baby's mother Kimberly Brook on August 1, further wrote. The "Stolen" actor and Kimberly welcomed the baby girl, whom they named Olivia Van Der Beek, on Saturday, August 25.
"I apologize in advance for any obnoxiously precious new-dad tweets that may follow. I'm under her spell," James added. Although Olivia is just 3 days old, James has imagined some fun times he would share with the tot. "If I watch football w/ my daughter now, she'll like the sounds of the NFL & want to watch it w/ me when she's older," he wrote.
James, who is the ex-husband of actress Heather Ann McComb, previously revealed that he can't wait to welcome his first child with Kimberly. He told OK! Magazine, "I couldn't be more excited. I'm as prepared as I can be, although I realize I have no idea what I'm in for but I'm looking forward to all of it."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'