Sneak Peek to Nicki Minaj and will.i.am's 'Check It Out' Music Video
Nicki Minaj and will.i.am have brought their studio hook-up to the screen. Together, the Young Money rapper and the Black Eyed Peas star worked with director Thomas Kloss to shoot a music video for their duet track "Check It Out" in Los Angeles.
"You can expect to see a bunch of flyness as far as the outfits," will.i.am told MTV. "When I say flyness, I'm talking about Nicki's outfits. She's looking super-duper fly and whatnot." In one scene, Minaj is seen rocking a pink tight leather outfit and will.i.am wearing black ensemble.
Minaj herself said, "We're doing almost like an ode to Japanese culture and Japanese anime. I'm obviously a big fan and I've joined forces with like the only boy that I know that's also able to capture that culture." In her previous clip for "Your Love", she brings in "geisha, samurai themes."
Beside talking about what to expect from the recently-filmed video, Minaj also recalled recording process of the song. "I worked with tons of producers on my album, shout out to all of them. will's the only producer that produced me," she praised her collaborator. "He really sat there and got this weird sound, and I was like, 'What?' It was so simple. He was sitting there and he made the beat on the spot."
"Check It Out" samples The Buggles' 1979 song "Video Killed the Radio Star". It is expected to appear in Nicki Minaj's upcoming debut album "Pink Friday" which will be released in the U.S. on November 23 and become a platform for her to introduce her alter ego, Roman Zolanski.
More Nicki Minaj News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'