'Superman' Directors Shortlist: Darren Aronofsky in, Ben Affleck out
Christopher Nolan is still searching someone to lead the next "Superman" movie and another name has been thrown as the contender. According to Los Angeles Times, Darren Aronofsky has been added to the shortlist of possible directors for the movie.
Sources tell the site that Nolan has had discussions with Aronofsky about the job. The Hollywood Reporter (THR) affirms the news by saying the "Black Swan" helmer is still in active talks, but notes that "it's early".
Still in the same news, THR reports that Ben Affleck is out of the contention to direct the new Superman film. The actor-turned-helmer, who recently received praises for his work on "The Town", was reportedly among the short list which include Duncan Jones, Jonathan Liebesman, Matt Reeves, Tony Scott and Zack Snyder, but he is no longer pursuing it.
Meanwhile, some of them have responded to rumors which linked them to the big project. The man behind "Let Me In", Reeves, told IGN, "I was surprised.... I really have no idea if any of that is true. It's certainly an amazing project, but I would be surprised," while "Source Code" helmer Jones tweeted, "About Superman... I'm going to say something really cheesy; can't talk about it, but an honor to be on the list. Interesting times!"
Nolan is reportedly looking for a director who is able to handle the elaborate production and willing to collaborate for the project, tentatively called "The Man of Steel". He is expected to submit his choice to the studio within the next few weeks. The upcoming superhero movie has a script written by David Goyer.
More Man of Steel News
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video