Ashton Kutcher Developing Show Based on Twitter
Ashton Kutcher is bringing his latest producing project to where he's thriving most, Twitter. The "Punk'd" creator is reportedly developing a new comedy show for CBS called "Shh ... Don't Tell Steve" that will follow a man who deals with his immature roommate and tweets about it.
This kind of project is quite familiar for one has been transformed into a primetime show called "$#*! My Dad Says" which is also developed for CBS. Starring William Shatner, "$#*!" airs every Thursday night and follows Ed Goodson, a forthright and opinionated dad who relishes expressing his unsolicited and often wildly politically incorrect observations to anyone within earshot. The show is based on Twitter feeds by Justin Halpern.
"Don't Tell Steve" is based on a Twitter feed of the same name which has had more than 15,000 followers. Some of the tweets which have been drawn by THR are, "Steve loudly challenging people to a drinking contest. Nobody biting, so he's just doing shots and declaring himself the winner" and "Steve, just now, yelling from our bathroom: 'Total Asparagus pee bro! Come smell!' "
Script has been ordered for pilot with Andrew Waller and Mike Gagerman as the writer-supervising producers. CBS TV Studios and Katalyst will produce the project while Kutcher and his producing partner Jason Goldberg, along with Karey Burke are executive producers.
Kutcher has nearly 6 million followers on Twitter.
More Ashton Kutcher News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars