Confirmed, 'Breaking Dawn' Casts 'Lost' Actress as Villain Irina
Summit Entertainment has recruited another actor to become a vampire in both "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" and "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II". Deadline Hollywood first reported that Maggie Grace has been cast as Irina before a rep from the studio confirmed the news to MTV News.
In Stephenie Meyer's novels, Irina is described as a member of the Denali coven, who practices a diet of drinking animal instead of human blood and allies with the Cullens. That is, until Irina blames the family for the death of her former lover, Laurent, and vengefully reveals a Cullen family secret to the Volturi.
Prior to Grace, Rami Malek has also joined the cast of "Breaking Dawn" as Benjamin, an Egyptian coven who is called upon by the Cullen family to help them against the Volturi. He has the special ability of controlling the elements: earth, air, water, and fire. The "The Pacific" star's character, however, will not appear until the second "Breaking Dawn" film.
Bill Condon is set to tackle the directing duty for the last two installments of the "Twilight" film series with plan to begin the production in November in Baton Rouge. "Breaking Dawn Part I" is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on November 18, 2011 while "Breaking Dawn Part II" is due for November 16, 2012 release in the U.S.
Maggie Grace is best known for her role as Shannon on TV series "Lost". The 27-year-old blonde has landed roles in feature films such as "The Jane Austen Book Club", "Taken", "Malice in Wonderland" before appearing in "Knight & Day". She will next be seen in "Faster" which will be released in theaters across the nation on November 24.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics