George Lopez and Wife of 17 Years Are Divorcing
Comedian/host George Lopez and his wife Ann Lopez are pulling the plug on their 17 years of marriage. A rep for the "Lopez Tonight" host has confirmed the couple's split which is said amicable although the rep didn't mention whether the pair had filed a petition for divorce or not.
"George and Ann Lopez have made the decision to end their 17-year marriage. The decision is amicable and by mutual agreement," the rep told People. "They remain dedicated parents, and committed partners in business and their philanthropic organization, The Lopez Foundation."
Back in 2005, Ann famously donated her kidney to George who had a genetic condition causing his kidney to deteriorate. On her big decision, Ann told "Primetime" at that time, "When you are put in that position where you could possibly lose someone you love, it's a very easy decision."
George, in the meantime, told People, "Whatever happens to me professionally and wherever my golf swing goes, nothing is more important than the fact that my wife gave me a chance to live. I can't pay her back, but what I can do is make her as happy as she thought I would when we first got married."
George Lopez and Ann Lopez wed on September 18, 1993. The two are parents for 15-year-old daughter Mayan Lopez. For his devotion to the community, George received the Manny Mota Foundation Community Spirit Award and was honored with the 2004 Artist of the Year and Humanitarian Award by Harvard University.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son