'Bachelor' Brings Back Brad Womack for Season 15
Call it a recycle, Stephen Bradley Womack is back as "The Bachelor" in season 15. Womack, whose participation was announced during Monday, September 27 episode of "Dancing with the Stars", was the first contestant in the "Bachelor" history to pick no one at the finale. His rejectees include DeAnna Pappas who eventually mend the lost on "The Bachelorette".
Womack's decision back in 2007 to break two hearts at the same time sent rage into the show's fans to the point that he went out of sight for a few years on. He only resurfaced this summer when he made amends on "20/20" to Pappas who is set to marry Stephen Stagliano next spring.
Representing ABC to explain why they want to give the most hated bachelor another shot, host Chris Harrison told People, "At first I was skeptical. But the more I thought about it, the more I fell in love with the idea of him coming back, getting another shot." He added, "I don't think Brad deserved as much of the anger and resentment from the fans. He's come out a better man and I think he's ready to do this."
ABC said the show has been in touch with Womack on and off since 2007. During that time, Womack expressed his belief about finding love through the show and his eagerness to start a family like his brothers. Womack has a twin brother named Chad and another brother called Wesley. Together they run several bars in Austin, Texas.
The 15th season will begin airing in early 2011.
More The Bachelor News
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event