Katy Perry Moves On From 'Sesame Street' to 'The Simpsons'
Striking while the iron is hot, "The Simpsons" executive producer Al Jean announced that Katy Perry is a guest for the animation's Christmas episode. Perry made the headlines earlier this week after her skit with Elmo of "Sesame Street" was deemed to sexy for children and was eventually axed from its airing schedule.
Perry, however, will show an equal amount of cleavage on "The Simpsons" December 5 episode called "The Fight Before Christmas". "In the wake of Elmo's terrible betrayal, the Simpsons puppets wish to announce they stand felt-shoulder-to-shoulder with Katy Perry," Jean joked in a statement to EW. The FOX show has taped Perry's cameo in mid September, which is before the fuss about "Sesame".
Playing Moe's girlfriend, she is not simpsonized for she appears in person with the puppet version of the Springfield residents. The singer would lead them in a rendition of "The 39 Days of Christmas". The live-action episode will then be topped off with the cartoon version of Martha Stewart.
The first look of Perry surrounded by Homer Simpson and co. is on EW.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction