Taylor Swift Could Take Over Lindsay Lohan's Role in New Movie
Lindsay Lohan's legal problem could cost her a movie role. The troubled actress has been projected to star in "One Night with You" but filmmakers have now considered to give the role to Taylor Swift following her latest jail stint on September 24, WENN reports.
"It appears the romantic comedy may finally be off the table for Lindsay Lohan. The producers had actually talked to Taylor Swift's agent a few months back about replacing Lindsay, but Taylor was in the middle of her tour," a source says. "Now that Lindsay can't conquer her troubles, they're taking the offer back to Taylor."
Previously, writer/producer Richard O'Sullivan told WENN that filmmakers were paying attention to Lohan's problems before moving forward with their plan to cast the 24-year-old star. "It is ready-made for Lindsay... but we're proceeding with extreme caution while the Lohan family sorts through their issues during a very trying time," he said.
If the news is indeed true, it will be the second lead role Lohan loses in a year. She was previously axed from "The Other Side" because she was deemed not "bankable". She, however, still has her role in "Inferno" which production has been put in another delay as the "I Know Who Killed Me" actress reportedly is set to re-enter rehabilitation facility after failing her court-ordered drug tests.
In the meantime, "One Night with You" would not be the first movie for Taylor Swift. She has previously landed a role in star-studded "Valentine's Day". The country music singer has also appeared in small screen with a guest-starring role in "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation".
"One Night with You" is said to be a quirky romantic comedy tinged with biting Hollywood satire. The movie follows a young actress who joins a reality dating show in attempts to salvage her career. Plans go awry when she becomes involved in a love/hate relationship with a handsome young bartender who hates the celebrity lifestyle.
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'