Stephen Fry Is Robert Downey Jr.'s Brother in 'Sherlock Holmes 2'
Sherlock Holmes is going to see his brother in "Sherlock Holmes 2". Stephen Fry has revealed to BBC (via Slash Film) that he has been tapped to portray Mycroft Holmes in the follow-up to the 2009 action film. "I'm playing Mycroft in the sequel to the Sherlock Holmes film Guy Ritchie directed with Robert Downey Jr., and that sort of part is fun," he said.
Mycroft, in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's stories, is mentioned as an occasional but indispensable member of the British government. He is described as more deductively brilliant than Sherlock but also more lazy.
Stephen Fry is perhaps best known for his recurring role of Dr. Gordon Wyatt on Fox series "Bones". His previous films include "Wilde" and "V for Vendetta". The 53-year-old actor was also part of Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland", voicing Cheshire Cat.
"Sherlock Holmes 2" is expected to start production in October with Guy Ritchie returning to the helming duty. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law will reprise their roles as Sherlock and Dr. John Watson respectively, while Noomi Rapace has landed a female lead role in the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel, which is scheduled for December 16, 2011 U.S. release.
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris