Stephen Fry Is Robert Downey Jr.'s Brother in 'Sherlock Holmes 2'
Sherlock Holmes is going to see his brother in "Sherlock Holmes 2". Stephen Fry has revealed to BBC (via Slash Film) that he has been tapped to portray Mycroft Holmes in the follow-up to the 2009 action film. "I'm playing Mycroft in the sequel to the Sherlock Holmes film Guy Ritchie directed with Robert Downey Jr., and that sort of part is fun," he said.
Mycroft, in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's stories, is mentioned as an occasional but indispensable member of the British government. He is described as more deductively brilliant than Sherlock but also more lazy.
Stephen Fry is perhaps best known for his recurring role of Dr. Gordon Wyatt on Fox series "Bones". His previous films include "Wilde" and "V for Vendetta". The 53-year-old actor was also part of Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland", voicing Cheshire Cat.
"Sherlock Holmes 2" is expected to start production in October with Guy Ritchie returning to the helming duty. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law will reprise their roles as Sherlock and Dr. John Watson respectively, while Noomi Rapace has landed a female lead role in the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel, which is scheduled for December 16, 2011 U.S. release.
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?