Stephen Fry Is Robert Downey Jr.'s Brother in 'Sherlock Holmes 2'
Sherlock Holmes is going to see his brother in "Sherlock Holmes 2". Stephen Fry has revealed to BBC (via Slash Film) that he has been tapped to portray Mycroft Holmes in the follow-up to the 2009 action film. "I'm playing Mycroft in the sequel to the Sherlock Holmes film Guy Ritchie directed with Robert Downey Jr., and that sort of part is fun," he said.
Mycroft, in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's stories, is mentioned as an occasional but indispensable member of the British government. He is described as more deductively brilliant than Sherlock but also more lazy.
Stephen Fry is perhaps best known for his recurring role of Dr. Gordon Wyatt on Fox series "Bones". His previous films include "Wilde" and "V for Vendetta". The 53-year-old actor was also part of Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland", voicing Cheshire Cat.
"Sherlock Holmes 2" is expected to start production in October with Guy Ritchie returning to the helming duty. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law will reprise their roles as Sherlock and Dr. John Watson respectively, while Noomi Rapace has landed a female lead role in the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel, which is scheduled for December 16, 2011 U.S. release.
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up