Katy Perry Shows Some Boobs on 'SNL' Sketch
The "Sesame Street" controversy over Katy Perry's boobs has apparently provided "Saturday Night Live" with a material. The singer has long been scheduled to perform at the opening of 36th season and thanks to the canceled skit on "Sesame Street", Perry now gains a sketch on "SNL".
Perry was criticized for putting on a low cut dress which reveals her cleavage in a segment with Elmo. In the "SNL" cameo, she put on a tight Elmo T-shirt which is way more revealing, admitting that she has "developed over the summer". She didn't say much on the sketch while Amy Poehler and Maya Rudolph interviewed her as the "Bronx Beat" duo. Perry played a teen named Maureen Dichico who caused a roar in the library with her bosomy appearance. "Honey, you've exploded! Kaboom!" the pair said.
In a jab for the controversy, Poehler said Maureen should not be ashamed of her body and Rudolph added, "Who cares if kids are looking at boobs? Boobs feed babies." Not stopping there, Rudolph continued, "I see CSI last night and there's a dead guy with worm in his eye and we can't watch the top of boobs? So dumb, America."
Perry later on performed "California Gurls" and "Teenage Dream". The Saturday, September 25 episode was hosted by Poehler and featuring other "SNL" alumni such as Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Andy Samberg, Fred Armisen and Jimmy Fallon. There were also special appearances of Justin Timberlake and New York Governor David Paterson.
- Katy Perry
More Saturday Night Live News
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'