Katy Perry Shows Some Boobs on 'SNL' Sketch
The "Sesame Street" controversy over Katy Perry's boobs has apparently provided "Saturday Night Live" with a material. The singer has long been scheduled to perform at the opening of 36th season and thanks to the canceled skit on "Sesame Street", Perry now gains a sketch on "SNL".
Perry was criticized for putting on a low cut dress which reveals her cleavage in a segment with Elmo. In the "SNL" cameo, she put on a tight Elmo T-shirt which is way more revealing, admitting that she has "developed over the summer". She didn't say much on the sketch while Amy Poehler and Maya Rudolph interviewed her as the "Bronx Beat" duo. Perry played a teen named Maureen Dichico who caused a roar in the library with her bosomy appearance. "Honey, you've exploded! Kaboom!" the pair said.
In a jab for the controversy, Poehler said Maureen should not be ashamed of her body and Rudolph added, "Who cares if kids are looking at boobs? Boobs feed babies." Not stopping there, Rudolph continued, "I see CSI last night and there's a dead guy with worm in his eye and we can't watch the top of boobs? So dumb, America."
Perry later on performed "California Gurls" and "Teenage Dream". The Saturday, September 25 episode was hosted by Poehler and featuring other "SNL" alumni such as Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Andy Samberg, Fred Armisen and Jimmy Fallon. There were also special appearances of Justin Timberlake and New York Governor David Paterson.
- Katy Perry
- Justin Timberlake
- David Paterson
More Saturday Night Live News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says