'The Social Network' World Premiere Opens New York Film Festival
"The Social Network" world premiere at Lincoln Center has marked the opening of the 48th Annual New York Film Festival on September 24. Coming to represent the film were cast members like Justin Timberlake, Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield who all appeared in formal outfit.
On the red carpet, Timberlake narrowly dodged a disaster when a TV cameraman accidentally dropped a microphone boom close to his head. The singer/actor, who was talking to reporters about his role of Napster founder Sean Parker, ducked out of the way in time to avoid a potential injury.
Dubbed as an exhilarating visceral tale about the founding of Facebook, "The Social Network" is based on court documents and journalist Ben Mezrich's "The Accidental Billionaires", a partially fictionalized account of Facebook's early days. Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg himself refused to co-operate with the film and was not expected to join the premiere.
Jesse Eisenberg portrays Zuckerberg while Andrew Garfield stars as Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin, who fell out with Zuckerberg over money. David Fincher works behind the lens of the drama, which is set for wide release in the U.S. on October 1.
Beside the world premiere, the movie has also been promoted in a new clip which makes its way out via Yahoo! Movies. It sees Mark Zuckerberg telling Eduardo Saverin his idea for what will become Facebook at a cold night.
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama