'The Social Network' World Premiere Opens New York Film Festival
"The Social Network" world premiere at Lincoln Center has marked the opening of the 48th Annual New York Film Festival on September 24. Coming to represent the film were cast members like Justin Timberlake, Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield who all appeared in formal outfit.
On the red carpet, Timberlake narrowly dodged a disaster when a TV cameraman accidentally dropped a microphone boom close to his head. The singer/actor, who was talking to reporters about his role of Napster founder Sean Parker, ducked out of the way in time to avoid a potential injury.
Dubbed as an exhilarating visceral tale about the founding of Facebook, "The Social Network" is based on court documents and journalist Ben Mezrich's "The Accidental Billionaires", a partially fictionalized account of Facebook's early days. Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg himself refused to co-operate with the film and was not expected to join the premiere.
Jesse Eisenberg portrays Zuckerberg while Andrew Garfield stars as Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin, who fell out with Zuckerberg over money. David Fincher works behind the lens of the drama, which is set for wide release in the U.S. on October 1.
Beside the world premiere, the movie has also been promoted in a new clip which makes its way out via Yahoo! Movies. It sees Mark Zuckerberg telling Eduardo Saverin his idea for what will become Facebook at a cold night.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?