Lauren Conrad Returns to Reality Show as Fashion Mogul
After speaking publicly about the worst-kept secret of reality shows, Lauren Conrad is set to return to the platform. The former star of "The Hills" admitted in an interview conducted in June 2009 that she was not in the other end of the phone conversation when Spencer Pratt called her for apology. "That was filmed and I wasn't on the other end... So I didn't even know about it," she said.
Conrad quit "The Hills" just one season before it was canceled by MTV but she is now planning to make a comeback. THR said a documentary-style reality series on MTV will follow the budding fashion designer as she "creates a line of evening wear and builds a fashion house - from the ground up."
Speaking of her new project and her decision to return to the network, Conrad said, "I'm so excited to take on this new project that really focuses on my true passion. I'm happy to be partnering with MTV because I have had such an amazing relationship with them and love being a part of the network."
Production duo Berman Braun is also excited about teaming up with Conrad, saying "We are thrilled to be in business with a terrific young entrepreneur like Lauren. It will be a lot of fun to be exploring her new work adventure with her."
Details of the show, which starts airing in mid October, will be unveiled next week. Her third novel will also be released in the same month.
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton