Emma Watson to Kiss 'Like an Angel' in Marilyn Monroe Film
Emma Watson has landed her first movie role after wrapping "Harry Potter" film series. The 20-year-old beauty has snatched a part in "My Week with Marilyn", starring opposite Michelle Williams, Eddie Redmayne and Kenneth Branagh, The Press Association reports.
The film is based on the diary of Sir Laurence Olivier's employee Colin Clark, who looked after Marilyn Monroe when she arrived in London to film "The Prince and The Showgirl" with Olivier. Clark wrote about his nine days with the superstar, including tales about skinny-dipping with her in the Thames and a visit to his godfather at Windsor Castle.
Watson's role is a small one. She will be seen as a wardrobe assistant named Lucy who works behind the scenes during the making of "The Prince and The Showgirl". She will date Colin (Redmayne) and is described kissing "like an angel" in his book.
Williams takes the coveted role of Monroe, with Branagh portraying Olivier. Judi Dench will star as Dame Sybil Thorndike, who co-starred Monroe in "The Prince and The Showgirl", while Dominic Cooper is cast as Milton Greene, Monroe's business partner and a co-producer of the 1957 film.
The main shooting for "My Week with Marilyn" will be kicked off in October 4 at Pinewood studios. Simon Curtis serves as helmer for the indie film.
Emma Watson rose to fame after portraying Hermione Granger in "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone". She has reprised the role in the next installments and has filmed the last two films, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II". She also lent her voice for a character in 2008 "The Tale of Despereaux".
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame