Justin Bieber Could Not Save 'CSI' Rating Decline
Back in the hey-days, "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" could absorb more than 20 million viewers at its season premieres. But since its spin-offs have taken over and several original and beloved cast have departed, the show has been experiencing a declining rating that not even singing phenomenon Justin Bieber could lift.
Heavily promoted, Bieber's first foray into acting on the show could only pull 14.6 million viewers on Thursday, September 23 night. For comparison, the previous season finale was watched by 14.3 million viewers, meaning there is no significant increase in the rating.
Nevertheless, Bieber's cameo as a troubled kid can also be presumed as a life-saving boat for "CSI". Since the competition is heavy on the time slot, "CSI" could triumph over the season premieres of "Grey's Anatomy" and "The Big Bang Theory" which got 14 million each. However, the winner of the timelot surprisingly is "The Mentalist" which took in 15.3 million.
According to E! Online, "CSI" and "Grey's" have lost a lot of viewers in the 18 to 49 year-old demographic which start to turn their heads to shows like "Jersey Shore". But thanks to Bieber, the season premiere episode of "CSI" drew 2.3 rating among teen girls. The 16-year-old would be back for a February 2011 episode which will be shot early next year.
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party