Justin Bieber Could Not Save 'CSI' Rating Decline
Back in the hey-days, "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" could absorb more than 20 million viewers at its season premieres. But since its spin-offs have taken over and several original and beloved cast have departed, the show has been experiencing a declining rating that not even singing phenomenon Justin Bieber could lift.
Heavily promoted, Bieber's first foray into acting on the show could only pull 14.6 million viewers on Thursday, September 23 night. For comparison, the previous season finale was watched by 14.3 million viewers, meaning there is no significant increase in the rating.
Nevertheless, Bieber's cameo as a troubled kid can also be presumed as a life-saving boat for "CSI". Since the competition is heavy on the time slot, "CSI" could triumph over the season premieres of "Grey's Anatomy" and "The Big Bang Theory" which got 14 million each. However, the winner of the timelot surprisingly is "The Mentalist" which took in 15.3 million.
According to E! Online, "CSI" and "Grey's" have lost a lot of viewers in the 18 to 49 year-old demographic which start to turn their heads to shows like "Jersey Shore". But thanks to Bieber, the season premiere episode of "CSI" drew 2.3 rating among teen girls. The 16-year-old would be back for a February 2011 episode which will be shot early next year.
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game