Alex Winter Confirms Plan to Make 'Bill and Ted 3'
Keanu Reeves apparently was not joking about plan to make another "Bill & Ted" movie. His co-star Alex Winter has had an interview with MTV Movies Blog held via Twitter and he confirms that there are indeed talks to make "Bill & Ted 3".
"We kicked around the idea over the years and had always thought if we could make something that was as kind of genuine in spirit as the originals and without falling prey to kind of retro cynicism or something that was unnecessary, it would be worth doing," Winter says. "Now the cat's out of the bag, and the truth is that, yeah, we have finally hit upon an idea that we think is pretty great."
"[Screenwriters Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon] are working on it now. The bottom line is that we still all feel like we need to sit down and look at a script and see if it's everything that it can be before we set about doing anything with it," he further informs.
On how the movie will look like, Winter won't spill too much, but states, "We don't want to make a cynical 'here's Bill and Ted - you guys are our kids, now YOU guys go be Bill and Ted and the franchise can live for another 25 years!' It's not that. It's a straight up, what's the funniest and most surprising take on where Bill and Ted would be right now if we stopped back in on them? That's what we're doing."
The depicter of Bill S. Preston, Esquire in "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" also reveals that the absence of late actor George Carlin, who played Rufus, once made them think not to make another sequel. Now, they are trying to figure out about this thing, but Winter insists they will not recast Rufus. "That would be horrible. That's the thing about the movies - they're personality-based," he says.
Asked by MTV when "Bill & Ted 3" will come out, Winter wisely replies, "In all seriousness, it's a question of when the script is done, when Reeves is free, when I'm free, and getting the whole damn thing up and running. It's a whole process. The first thing we have to do is see if we've got a script that we all agree on."
Reeves, meanwhile, previously said that he would love to portray Ted Logan again, saying "To me, I'd love to play the role. I'd love to work with Alex and Chris and Ed again."
1989 "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" is a movie about two seemingly dumb teens who struggle to prepare a historical presentation with the help of a time machine. The follow-up, "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey", was released in 1991.
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap